Drivers side sagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers side sagging

The drivers side of my 3l kzn has sagged by about 1 1/2 inch over the last week or two but i have no idea why.I am having a lot of trouble with my hip this week so i cant get undre the truck to see what is wrong.I was going to Vatchmans on Saturday and was going to ask him or Andrew (TLB) to take a look for me but cause of the pain i got i am unable to go,but if some has a idea what could be wrong it will be appreciated.

I have +2" srings on the back which were new last xmas and have only been on this truck for about 5 months but were on my old 2.4 for about 3 months so i wouldnt of thought it was them and surely the shocks wont cause it to sag like it has.TIA
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    The drivers side of my 3l kzn has sagged by about 1 1/2 inch over the last week or two but i have no idea why.I am having a lot of trouble with my hip this week so i cant get undre the truck to see what is wrong.I was going to Vatchmans on Saturday and was going to ask him or Andrew (TLB) to take a look for me but cause of the pain i got i am unable to go,but if some has a idea what could be wrong it will be appreciated.

I have +2" srings on the back which were new last xmas and have only been on this truck for about 5 months but were on my old 2.4 for about 3 months so i wouldnt of thought it was them and surely the shocks wont cause it to sag like it has.TIA

hehehe!! you've left yourself wide open there for all the 'lard arse' comments.

It could either be a weak spring, or the torsion bar on that side wasn't wound up equally to the other side. Raising the front suspension with the torsion bars will raise the rear of the truck a little as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      hehehe!! you've left yourself wide open there for all the 'lard arse' comments.

It could either be a weak spring, or the torsion bar on that side wasn't wound up equally to the other side. Raising the front suspension with the torsion bars will raise the rear of the truck a little as well.
      The tuck was ok up to last week when i first noticed it leaning.The back was raised with the 2" springs but i left the front as it was.Iwas just wondering if the torsion bar adjuster could be knackered and thats whats caused it

Comment

is is sagging more at back or front?

my truck was like this and discovered one of rear coil springs had snapped at bottom...dropping the rear passenger side by 1-2"
        these were 18month old +2 ones from roughtrax, and out of warranty, but i got a discount off Barry for a new set of springs
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

The drivers side of my arse has sagged by about 1 1/2 inch over the last week or two but i have no idea why?? can it be im overweight ?.I am having a lot of trouble with my hip hop dancing this week so i cant get down and under to see what is wrong.I was going to Vatchmans on Saturday and was going to ask him or Andrew (TLB) to take my butt , cause of the pain i got i am unable to go,but if some has a idea what could be wrong it will be appreciated. no ky ??

I have +2" string thong on the back which were new last xmas and have only been on my body for about 5 months but were on my old self for about 3 months so i wouldnt of thought it was them and surely the muscles wont cause it to sag like it has.TIA
          deer me
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
            is is sagging more at back or front?

my truck was like this and discovered one of rear coil springs had snapped at bottom...dropping the rear passenger side by 1-2"
            these were 18month old +2 ones from roughtrax, and out of warranty, but i got a discount off Barry for a new set of springs
            It looks like just the rear and these were also from Roughtrax.They were bought just b4 xmas last year,the trouble is i cant get the springs off to return to him if it is the prob because of my hip and i cant do without the truck as i need it for work so the only time i can get anything done is w/ends

Comment

It looks like just the rear and these were also from Roughtrax.They were bought just b4 xmas last year,the trouble is i cant get the springs off to return to him if it is the prob because of my hip and i cant do without the truck as i need it for work so the only time i can get anything done is w/ends

Just put a couple of bags of cement on the passenger seat till you can sort it.

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                deer me
                now thats funny dave.richard i have a spare set of springs here,we could swap them over at the same time as the lift,but if your to unwell to make it this far,then we can always rearrange a time that suits you.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Being as nobody else will

Too Many Pasties
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                    Being as nobody else will

Too Many Pasties
                    mmmmmmmm good point..

i got someone at work to have a quick look but could'nt see that the spring was broken so i think it has just sagged,but will have to wait till i can get to have a proper look and then give roughtrax a ring and see what Barry has to say

Comment

Another vote for broken springs, check them first, offroading and heavy loads puts a lot of stress on them, Linda's old pair of Procomps broke the bottom coil off, only noticed when i put the new Superlift springs in.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        Another vote for broken springs, check them first, offroading and heavy loads puts a lot of stress on them, Linda's old pair of Procomps broke the bottom coil off, only noticed when i put the new Superlift springs in.
                        the only offroading i have done with them on the truck was in september and its normally only 3 people in the truck when i go to work,so if it was down to the off roading in sept then surely i would of noticed b4 now tho would'nt i.But i will have a proper look as soon as i am able to.Seeing as i have only had them for nearly 11 months will they still be covered under a manufacturers warrenty type thing

Comment

i think i only noticed the spring broken on my truck when i was replacing the rear ARB bushes, it was the last coil at bottom,

how many people have had this - Barry at roughtrax seemed to indicate mine was 1st instance he had heard of.... new springs i got off him were from a different supplier

i had offroaded in mine, towed heavy loads, and went offroading on farm when shooting with 4-5 24kg sacks of chicken feed in the boot - i think thats what broke it. but i would have thought they should be upto the job!
                          not as good as original toyota ones that lasted 9 years, albeit sagging.
                          maybe milners stronger springs plus spacers are more reliable?
                          Landcruiser Colorado
                          Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                            i think i only noticed the spring broken on my truck when i was replacing the rear ARB bushes, it was the last coil at bottom,

how many people have had this - Barry at roughtrax seemed to indicate mine was 1st instance he had heard of.... new springs i got off him were from a different supplier

i had offroaded in mine, towed heavy loads, and went offroading on farm when shooting with 4-5 24kg sacks of chicken feed in the boot - i think thats what broke it. but i would have thought they should be upto the job!
                            not as good as original toyota ones that lasted 9 years, albeit sagging.
                            maybe milners stronger springs plus spacers are more reliable?
                            i will be getting the Bushy specials but i was going to get them at xmas but looks like i have to get them sooner and Bushy's kit and Jotto's kit

Comment

Good news

I have just rang roughtrax and explained the problem with the spring and they took my addy and tel.no. and are going to send replacement springs.

So it is a BIG to Barry and roughtrax.Thanks Guys

Comment

Working...
                              X