Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ima new Hilux owner

hi everyone !
    My name is robbie I live in Canada and i just bought a 90' Hilux surf,, I redid the push bar, stereo, wiper blades, window tinting, I've got glow plugs coming, got a circulating block heater,, now i want to up grade the rear shocks and springs, actually I want to install new springs that will give me a lift of one and a half inches,,, and I'm wondering if the adjustable suspension soliniod switch will be affected????

Welcome to the nuthouse. The hard/soft solenoid is purely mechanical,
    so shouldn't be affected by fitting longer springs. You may find the original
    shocks may be close to their travel limit, however.

What colour is it, BTW?

Comment

hello and welcombe, i have just recently got my first surf. It has a 2" sping lift and my hard/soft switch works and it looks the dogs! it also has a 2" body lift
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

If, as you say you are changing springs and shocks the adjustable suspension will not apply as the adjustment is only in the original shocks and will not be in the new ones that you fit.
        Oh and big welcome to the forum.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

hi and welcome to the hilux /surf, emporium of pleasure.if your going to upgrade to new shocks try pro comp es9000+2" youll find a lot of us fellow surfers have done just that,and are well pleased with the results.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
            hi and welcome to the hilux /surf, emporium of pleasure.if your going to upgrade to new shocks try pro comp es9000+2" youll find a lot of us fellow surfers have done just that,and are well pleased with the results.

hehe just dont try buy them from explorer uk
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

shocks and springs

Thanks everyone for yur input,,, I will check into the shocks, as for springs I have ordered a heavier grade that will lift the rear end a bit however maybe I will follow everyone else,, the shocks I would like to mate up and have the adjustable suspension still work,,,, My Hilux is Dark green, and I have just done the under carrige with a black protective coating,,, and I put some clear coato nthe push bar today,,,,,

Comment

Working...
              X