yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention those with running boards fitted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I've seen those, and I'm working on the electric retractable ones too. Seen lots of other types as well, but haven't found a supplier in the UK yet so I thought I would make some myself for Surf/4runner owners.

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part_f...categoryID/350

So anyway, Andrew, position 1 or 2?
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 23 October 2006, 12:16.

Comment

I'm probably about position 1 when I do use them, but I don't very often and I think I'm going to take them off.

Their only obvious purpose is for cleaning the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        I'm probably about position 1 when I do use them, but I don't very often and I think I'm going to take them off.

Their only obvious purpose is for cleaning the roof.
        Aha! Forgot that one - I use position 5 (right at the back) to step up onto the rear wheels to clean the roof!
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Could you tell me where you place your foot when getting into your truck, postion 1 or 2.

I thank you.

P.S. I hope you don't mind me using your pic Sledge.
          Usually step right in (even now!) but the bodylift will mean position 1 probably. As for Vicki... position 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and probably a few more we aint thought of yet!

We're you thinking of making some up for the back doors too?
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Usually step right in (even now!) but the bodylift will mean position 1 probably. As for Vicki... position 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and probably a few more we aint thought of yet!

We're you thinking of making some up for the back doors too?

Yeah, a full length retractable step for those with frequent passengers. using the original side step mountings, other wise it means drilling and bolting to fit a stirrup type for the rear doors.

Comment

I'm so short I usually require a running jump up using the step up in position 1 lol

Although it happens very rarely, I solved the roof cleaning problem by filling a recepticle full of H2O, taking careful aim and then by using a slow backward swinging motion and then a faster forward one - bringing the recepticle to a sudden stop. This releases the contents of said recepticle into the air and satisfactory coverage of Surf roofage area in H2O is achieved
              Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Just deviating off the specific topic, (again), , is there anyone round
                this way who wants a pair of side runners? Sat in the garden at the mo',
                but just thought I'd ask before they end up getting scr@pped. Need
                tidying up, but generally okay. (Slight hole in one of the tubes and one
                of the end caps needs putting back on. Think I still have it knocking about).
                And no, I ain't gonna' post these buggers.

Comment

hi vince stirrups are no good to us londoners where are the boys going to stand on a drive-by
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Running boards? Side steps? What are they?

Anything removable that hangs down gets put in the bin ASAP!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      Running boards? Side steps? What are they?

Anything removable that hangs down gets put in the bin ASAP!!!

I'm just thinking of the little people.

Comment

Are you saying that we have a forum full of goblins vince
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Hi!
                          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                            Are you saying that we have a forum full of goblins vince

Nope, pixies!

Comment

Working...
                            X