yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention those with running boards fitted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention those with running boards fitted!

Could you tell me where you place your foot when getting into your truck, postion 1 or 2.

I thank you.

P.S. I hope you don't mind me using your pic Sledge.

i have running boards, but step straight into the cab.

i'm not a midget/dwarf/plum.

have you no side steps/running boards then vince?
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

nah don't mind mate. i'm too tall to use them but the wife has to jump to get in ah bless her lol

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
        i have running boards, but step straight into the cab.

i'm not a midget/dwarf/plum.

have you no side steps/running boards then vince?

No, Dave.j.robbo's got mine, as I didn't use them. Plus without them the truck looks higher off the ground.

I'm fabricating some stirrup type steps and I want to know the best position to mount them. If the most popular postion is number 1, then I'll make them so they'll just bolt on using the existing gearbox crossmember bolts and save drilling or welding them on.
        Also makes it easier to sell them as a kit so people can fit them themselves.

Comment

I have running boards, but don't use them as steps...

The good lady wife does, but no idea whereabouts she steps!!
          It just does, OK?

Comment

in that case, i'd say that somewhere around position 1 would probably be the most popular/useful place to mount them...but do you really want to take in the opinion of a donut who once asked you where the rad cap is?!?!?!?
            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Yeah, it's OK, you've redeemed yourself...................... donut!

Comment

I dont use them but the wife uses position 3.
                position 3 is the painted (now scratched to the metal) body lip just under the door, but sometimes uses position 1 or 2 to scr@pe here stilleto heels on just to make sure she's fully onboard before pulling the door card off whilst closing the door!!!
                Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

1.5 between the two
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

1 but I got short legs..........

Comment

1 for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                        I dont use them but the wife uses position 3.
                        position 3 is the painted (now scratched to the metal) body lip just under the door, but sometimes uses position 1 or 2 to scr@pe here stilleto heels on just to make sure she's fully onboard before pulling the door card off whilst closing the door!!!
                        HeHe, same as that, bl00dy missis'es, if you did'nt use the steps Vince you wont use the stirrups either will ya, or is this for your missis so she can s$$$$e the skin off her shin when her foot slips off
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                          HeHe, same as that, bl00dy missis'es, if you did'nt use the steps Vince you wont use the stirrups either will ya, or is this for your missis so she can s$$$$e the skin off her shin when her foot slips off

I thought they would be a more 'rugged' looking alternative to the running boards, for those who want to remove them and give the truck a 'lifted' look but still allow the shorter legged drivers/passengers a 'hop-up'

Comment

Don't use them personally, being vertically advantaged - kids use them getting in the back, and the management uses them getting in, but don't know where.
                            Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Vince - google 'retractable side steps' - you'll be amazed at the things you find

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Pow...ning_board.htm

http://www.amp-research.com/movie.as...=PowerstepLegs for movie

as an example

My mates motor home has a remote key fob operated step which dissappears into the floor.
                              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
                              X