immobiliser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immobiliser

how easy is it to remove an immobiliser.
    the one i've got is the one with the silly key on it that goes to a round slot in the dash.

If it was fitted properly I would advise you don't touch it yourself, or you could be stranded, cause when some of them shut down they really mean it, I know from experiance.
    I would advise you talk to the people at Hodge Electrics, in Southampton, they have done all the alarm work on my car, and service the alarm for the insurance company every year, and it was them that the AA took it to when my alarm decided my car was being stolen so refused to take the imobliser off.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

hey maverick where abouts in eling do you live? as my old man lives there. he lives in milverton rd.

i'll post a pic so all you guys no what it looks like.

Comment

this is what it looks like!!

Comment

Just before the social housing they built!!!

That looks like the type of imobiliser I used to have, where you touch the key on it and them have 30 seconds to start the car. It used to drive me mad, so I upgraded to a cat 1, remote alarm imobiliser, which also works the central locking, its so nice walk out front door press the fob, get in car wait for coil light to switch off, start engine, go. Mind you, you have to start within 20 seconds or the imobiliser cuts in again, and you have to open the drivers door within 2 minutes or it locks the car again.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

what alarm make have you got as i want to upgrade badly lol

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
              what alarm make have you got as i want to upgrade badly lol
              Don't upgrade badly! Do it well!!!
              It just does, OK?

Comment

pmsl

Comment

I think its the Autowatch 160. I like your interior lights, I went the route of blue LEDs on a delay switch.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

You'll probably have to get it removed by the guys who install em, it aint easy, when the rover one kept killing the engine even the AA cant get the diagrams for em, there more trouble than their worth in my view, See you got the slaughter house interior then Dont ever throw up in there, you wont find it
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                      You'll probably have to get it removed by the guys who install em, it aint easy, when the rover one kept killing the engine even the AA cant get the diagrams for em, there more trouble than their worth in my view, See you got the slaughter house interior then Dont ever throw up in there, you wont find it
                      its allright if hes a hunter though ian lol
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

See you got the slaughter house interior then Dont ever throw up in there, you wont find it
                        i know. thinking of trying to change some of the inside. but it's not to bad in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                          i know. thinking of trying to change some of the inside. but it's not to bad in the dark.
                          Shame you didn't buy it a few months ago.. I had grey door cards and seats going spare...

Gone now, though...
                          It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                            Shame you didn't buy it a few months ago.. I had grey door cards and seats going spare...

Gone now, though...
                            oh well thats life. but at least everyone now know's i want to change it now.

Comment

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8219 These guys do upholstery paint if you want a quick colour change , i got an inclinometer out of a red one, could'nt get a matching grey so i sprayed it satin black, looks ok, make sure you give it a coat of plastic primer first though or it will peel.
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X