need measurements !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need measurements !

I need to know the load area on the back of these trucks, i am considering getting a 3rd gen and will carry my work gear ! i currently drive a ford galaxy with the 2 rear seats removed and struggling to store my gear.

Do the 3rd gen surfs have a parcel shelf type of pull blind cover ?

Hi and welcome,

Not sure how a surf compares to a Galaxy, but they hold quite a bit and even more with back seat down Seriously, they hold 2 x large suitcases side by side and 2 x high with a little bit here & there left, and yes you can get a pull over parcel shelf type cover for 3rd gen, but it is expensive

Comment

with the rear seats flat, I can get a sheet of 6'X4' ply in the back of my 2nd gen. I think 3rd gens are slightly bigger.

Comment

My daughters partner asked me if I would collect some gear from Plumb Centre which he had pre-ordered, when I got there the guy said "pull your van round to loading bay" When I backed up to the doors he looked at me as if I were daft but proceded to load into the Surf - 4 double radiators 2 of them 600x1200, a stack of 15mm & 25mm piping 3mtrs long, a combi boiler and venting kit all boxed, £900 worth, He was amazed when all the lot went in, still with room for my grandson in his child seat on one of the rear seats.
        Need I say more.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

hehe! yep, I know what you mean. I had a whole bathroom suite in the back of mine recently. Bath, W.C. Basin, Pedestal, Cistern, plastic pipe, copper pipe, four packs of laminate flooring, 10 litre tub of paint........me and the missus.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            hehe! yep, I know what you mean. I had a whole bathroom suite in the back of mine recently. Bath, W.C. Basin, Pedestal, Cistern, plastic pipe, copper pipe, four packs of laminate flooring, 10 litre tub of paint........me and the missus.
            so who drove home then Vince....
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              so who drove home then Vince....

Autopilot!

Comment

Autopilot!
                What happens when the autopilot deflates?Who has the pleasure of blowing it back up?

That reminds me of the film Airplane
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  What happens when the autopilot deflates?Who has the pleasure of blowing it back up?

That reminds me of the film Airplane

I've got one of those weapon guidance systems, the ones that move the cannon where-ever the operator looks, 'cept the system in my truck is wired into the steering.
                  I have to operate the throttle and brake with a stick though.

Comment

I've got one of those weapon guidance systems, the ones that move the cannon where-ever the operator looks, 'cept the system in my truck is wired into the steering.
                    I have to operate the throttle and brake with a stick though.
                    That puts me in mind of Rowan Atkinson Mr Bean the one where he buys the armchair and puts it on top of the mini.. YeeeeeHaaaaa
                    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

with the rear seats flat, I can get a sheet of 6'X4' ply in the back of my 2nd gen. I think 3rd gens are slightly bigger.
                      same as 3rd gen... bought an 8x4 and had to get 2 ft cut off the end...

beauty of the 2nd gen drop down tailgate is it extends the bed.

can't really drive around with 3rd gen tailgate up!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                      X