WVO and central heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WVO and central heating

Giving the SVO a go at the moment...didn't believe it at first but it's tops!! what a scam...I mean what an environmentally sound thing to do and yes I'll inform C&E.
    Now planning a filter system for WVO and it got me thinking....does anyone know if you can mix WVO with domestic heating oil to run in me oil fired central heating (that's in the house, I do have mods planned for the surf but central heating isn't one of them yet..although if its another winter like last year here in the wilds of Scotland, it might be an idea)
    Will post pics of my WVO "still" when the plumbing is done... anyone got pictures of their set up??
    cheers top surf folks
    oh aye...does everyone knows passenger side window motors from other toyotas fit the back window? you do need to swap connectors but a quick snip and crimp on some spades...3 motors for a tenner from my local breaker...result...get it up ya, ya fleabay rip merchants. ..I saw one bloke advertising one "to ensure fitting it comes with universal spade connectors" I'm not implying it wasnt origionally ment for a rear surf/runner window but if it was,wouldn't it have the correct fitting? yours for 90 quid!!!! almost tempted to start selling myself but instead informed everyone bidding of the above details.
    dinna say eh?....say fit?

Originally posted by leo's dad
    oh aye...does everyone knows passenger side window motors from other toyotas fit the back window? .

Toyota Corolla, Celica and MR2 passenger window motors circa 1995 fit.

Comment

Originally posted by leo's dad
      ....does anyone know if you can mix WVO with domestic heating oil to run in me oil fired central heating
      Hello, I've tried the veggie thing a few times - I would think the injectors in a deisel would be far more demanding than the burner of a central heating boiler - so I would say it should work (as long as it is well cleaned WVO) - but don't quote me !

Post some pics of your c type (but not of you paj) lol
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

window motor

I've used a couple from 1990 ish supras...

C type photos to follow....man I love that car

Comment

My brother heats his garage/workshop (commercial premesis) with waste engine oil/vegoil/anything he can chuck in. He has a special heater with a fuel catylist and catalyctic converter for the nasties it might chuck out. I wonder if there is supposed to be any fuel tax on that?
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            My brother heats his garage/workshop (commercial premesis) with waste engine oil/vegoil/anything he can chuck in. He has a special heater with a fuel catylist and catalyctic converter for the nasties it might chuck out. I wonder if there is supposed to be any fuel tax on that?
            Yup its 7p per litre........ been looking into it....

Stu
            http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_heaters.html

Comment

wvo and heating oil

cheers for the pointers, loks like this might be a goer too! have to check out burner specs etc but some sort of mix looks good. aaah more money saved for the important things in life...new tyres would be a start...more filler for the bottoms of the doors,, some new channel for the rear window lifter... road tax...well thats the savings spent.....

Comment

Heating oil

Hi, Its all down to the viscosity of the oil, heating oil is generally 28 second kerosine, ie it takes 28 seconds for 1 ltr of oil to pass through the measuring device.

As long as the veg oil mix is about the same viscosity then it should work.

I know a lot of farmers run their aga's on tractor deisel.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

28 sec kerosene and WVO

looks like I'll be out with the funnel, stopwatch, a few measuring jugs and hopefully at the end of it a smile!!!...Its the heating oil /WVO blend 28 second sprint!!
                    cheers to all...hope I can work out a satisfactory ratio beld before the weather really changes, I'll let you all know

Comment

wvo heating oil mix

had a go at mix and pour test against a control sample of heating oil..adding around 30% wvo made little difference to viscosity so I think i'll give it ago but I'll test each batch of WVO first incase there are any differences in viscosity (thickness me and my spoling)
                      cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X