Rear Bumper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper.

Has anyone removed the standard rear bumper and replaced with anything else (tubular,box section etc) with recovery points. Thinking of making one up, any ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Originally posted by smithsurf
    Has anyone removed the standard rear bumper and replaced with anything else (tubular,box section etc) with recovery points. Thinking of making one up, any ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
    there is someone on here who has removed their rear bumper and made a new one with tubular steel but not sure who it is now
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      there is someone on here who has removed their rear bumper and made a new one with tubular steel but not sure who it is now
      that might be me then.or not.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

i'm sure there was a thread not that long ago, and (i think) andylala posted a few piccies of different rear bumpers.

cheers scotty

Comment

Just found this. Take it you weld it onto chassis some how???
          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
            i'm sure there was a thread not that long ago, and (i think) andylala posted a few piccies of different rear bumpers.

cheers scotty
            try this.http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=rear+bumpers
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thats looks like a Warn Pickup bumper.

Dont know on mounts. The problem is pickups have different quarter panels to surfs. If you remove the surf bumper you get a nasty looking bottom edge on the quarter thats normally covered by the bumper end caps.

I've got some drawings for a surf variant, just need to make one up.
              I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno

Dont know on mounts. The problem is pickups have different quarter panels to surfs. If you remove the surf bumper you get a nasty looking bottom edge on the quarter thats normally covered by the bumper end caps.

thats exactly what happened to me,i was looking at the pickup bumpers and thought they were pretty smart,so i decided to make some,until i removed the surfs rear bumper to find that it looked horrid,like you say the quarter panels are different,so on whent the surfs back bumper again.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                  thats the beastie

smithsurf, that looks nice, good rear recovery points as well.

another job for danno me thinks, rear bumper.

cheers scotty

Comment

rear bumpers

Originally posted by Danno

Yep, quite correct, which rules out straight bumpers. I am also looking for one which will have curved ends to break up the "sheet-metal crease" behind the rear wheels. I also need it to fit above my towbar. I know it can be a combi- towbar and bumper but I`d rather keep my newish towbar. Mounts would have to be to the chassis not bumper brackets.
                    cheers,
                    chris