hi, new to this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi, new to this forum

would like to ask, I have the chance of a k reg toyota hilux has done approx
    80,000 mile,s the head has been done, it seems to be alright the ball joints also have been replaced
    is there anything i should know about the 2.4 deisel turbo ,before i purchase it. is ,are they reliable aint got alot o cash for repairs as this will be used for a dog rescue center collecting dogs all over scotland in all weathers
    thanks, would like sensible comments
    www.minehoff.com

Originally posted by bun
    would like to ask, I have the chance of a k reg toyota hilux has done approx
    80,000 mile,s the head has been done, it seems to be alright the ball joints also have been replaced
    is there anything i should know about the 2.4 deisel turbo ,before i purchase it. is ,are they reliable aint got alot o cash for repairs as this will be used for a dog rescue center collecting dogs all over scotland in all weathers
    thanks, would like sensible comments
    Hi Bun welcome to the house of fun.If the head has been done then make sure you got the paperwork to prove it if not then walk away unless you know yourself that it has been done.Basically just check everything like any other motor.If you get it then give it a good service oil,air,fuel filter and oil and coolant also renew the rad cap and thermostat and apart from that happy surfing
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by bun
      would like sensible comments
      What's that supposed to mean?

2.4s are very reliable once the head's been done (get proof it's been done and not with some junk off ebay), although they're hellishly slow.

Check all the electrics work, especially the back door and have a look at these two sites.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq_main.htm

I think you're about to be very popular with the vast number of dog lovers (not in a physical way) we have on here.

And happy surfing

Comment

Welcome Bun, If the heads been replaced you should have little or no problems, no more than you might expect from any 12-14 year vehicle, there very reliable trucks and if its an import it will be in better condiction than a brit 4 runner, a lot less rust, if the price is right id say go for it, good luck Ian
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Can we ask how much you are paying for this?
          [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Comment

is it a Hilux pickup or or hilux surf?
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

Hi Bun and welcome to the mad world of Toyota ownership. You have asked in the right place.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
                Can we ask how much you are paying for this?
                £2,500
                is it a Hilux pickup or or hilux surf?
                Hilux Surf and it's an import. Hasn't been used for off road. Heard some horror stories about them.
                Vehicle to be used by Scottish Staffie Rescue
                www.minehoff.com

Comment

Well, that's an OKish price if it has had the head done, they have the receipt and the whole thing's decent. There's plenty around for that or a little less though, so don't settle for anything that's not perfect.

Comment

surf

Hi Bun and welcome
                    I had a G reg 2.4 about two years and never had any trouble with it head or otherwise despite almost seizing it up, my fault really for not getting on with an oil leak. I sold that and bought a ford explorer(up for sale) what am I driving now....you guessed it a surf,,,, 3.0lt this time
                    Ya just cant beat em......specially the BLUE ones
                    funny thing is my old surf went better after almost welding the crankshaft to the rods, odd that !!!!!

Comment

hi bun good luck with the surf
                      owned staffies myself ,nice dogs
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Hi Bun....and welcome. Nowt wrong with 2.4 Surf's mate. It's just a size thing some of the guys on here have Had mine for about 3 years now and as far as I know it's on the original head. I've towed with it and it's got a bit warm once or twice, but up to now it's still o.k. I've got a staffie cross and he loves the Surf . Just go for it. Once driven you cant give em up...even if they do break, they mend

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
                          Once driven you cant give em up...even if they do break, they mend
                          That is a damn good quote. Very true....
                          It just does, OK?

Comment

Staffy rescue?? should be more like staffy owners rescue ours chewed through doors, carpets, skirting boards and the kids toys
                            luckily he grew out of it and has made a fine pet for 7 ut of the 8 years we have had him.
                            We can pack all our gear (mainly the mrs) and still get the dog in the back for weekends away etc.

Comment

yer all mad but i think we will stay
                              www.minehoff.com

Comment

Working...
                              X