car horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car horns

Anyone got any old car horns they dont want, any condiction as long as they work and the louder the better, and also what could i use as a sort of timer delay for em say about ten seconds, i want to rig a few up in the garage as an alarm, the ten seconds is to let me get in and turn em off, also might fit a flashing light, might make em think twice about getting in there and nicking something, Of course i'll pay yer for em and postage etc thanks Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Check out your local DIY store for shed alarms, got one for my old man (dad). Can be screwed to the wall and have entry/exit delays and is key operated. Can't remember how much I paid but was quite cheep I seem to remember.

Update just done a search and found these
    http://www.energyenv.co.uk/ShedAlarms.asp
    or
    http://www.redlinesecurity.co.uk/pro...products_id=17
    Last edited by John McC; 18 October 2006, 22:28.

Comment

Might have some in the garage - I'll have a look Friday. (going to bed shortly, and very long day tomorow)

Regards
      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Cheer's guys, John they look ok but dont want to put a keypad thing on the outside as the scroats will probably break it or keep setting it off to pi$$ me off, Thought a good blast of mutiple horns will wake me up and put the $hits up them, going to rig it so they dont turn off if you just shut the door again, you know what i mean, i'd have to go in a re set it,
        The fog horn off the Leharve ferry would do nicely, i was haveing a fag up there on the only open deck once when that went off, everyone on there nearly died, we all ducked in unison
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

have you seen them shed alarms that use shotgun blanks? that'll do it...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            Cheer's guys, John they look ok but dont want to put a keypad thing on the outside as the scroats will probably break it or keep setting it off to pi$$ me off, Thought a good blast of mutiple horns will wake me up and put the $hits up them, going to rig it so they dont turn off if you just shut the door again, you know what i mean, i'd have to go in a re set it,
            The fog horn off the Leharve ferry would do nicely, i was haveing a fag up there on the only open deck once when that went off, everyone on there nearly died, we all ducked in unison
            Ian don't think those alarms go on the outside, think the idea is to have them on the inside of a shed/garage. Well at least thats where I fitted my old mans one. You can of course fit an external horn as well as the internal one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              have you seen them shed alarms that use shotgun blanks? that'll do it...
              Why use blanks

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
                Why use blanks
                Funny - somehow I didn't think I was the only one to think that...

It would, at least gaurantee a swift response from the Old Bill
                Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
                  Why use blanks
                  cos he has neighbours... me on the other hand....
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X