Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Splurge

Hi chaps - missed you all.

Tonight, down in Ashford, staying at the International, and very nice too. Got work at Lydd artillery range tomorrow.

Thanks to Tony for the MOT and all the hard work at a bargain price yesterday. Big UP maaan! Hope the dogs survived my enthusiastic attempts to tire them out. They tired before I did o the throwing the stick game until I had to retrieve it too. Great mutts!

The truck is SO much more comfortable with the ES3000s on! No wonder you said it felt OK! The original shocks broke your back! Anyone who's doing the LC spings lift with the kit supplied by our very own noodle miner Bushwhacker should not rely on the original Toyota shocks - they are NOT long enough and will bounce your teeth out on the rebound! (mainly because there isn't any!)

Bushwhacker - the text was from me. Do you have a signal where you live?

Danno / Jotto. Hope you can get the bodylift kit to me before Sunday. Hoping to get it on then. Dont want to disappoint the kids!

Whatever anyone tells you, Neil Armstrong DID walk on the moon. It would have been harder to NOT do it than to do it given the technology of the day.

This hotel is generic.

Ashford is a LONG way from Malvern.

Curry gives me indigestion.

Macallan is decent scotch.

Cheers!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache

Macallan is decent scotch.
    Evidently

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      Hi chaps - missed you all.

Bushwhacker - the text was from me. Do you have a signal where you live? :

haha!! Just seen the text. It's Jo's phone you sent it to.
      I was getting a little concerned over the loss of forum, but I made myself busy making a load of kits. Took my mind off it.

Those springs settled down now? Did uncle T like my kit?

Comment

He did a very 'engineer' style appraisal. Mental notes and all that. "Ok, so this is a LC spring install... Hmmm... so Toyota shocks aren't suitable.

<as per the stig>

"Some say he sees red LED text scroll in front of his eyes... Welding rod size... 30 amps... spring bar size... 16mm... shock extension... 2"... I'll be baaaack..."

Comment

can anyone help with basic specification detail needed to complete V55/5 registration form, things like power in kw and towing weights etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryhooper
            can anyone help with basic specification detail needed to complete V55/5 registration form, things like power in kw and towing weights etc.
            For what? 2.4, 3.0, 2nd, 3rd gen, etc....

You might want to start a new thread to get more looks, there is no official towing weights for surfs but UK or US 2nd gen 4Runners are rated at roughly 1500kg, 3rd gens are more at 2250kg.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It is a 1995 3.0TD surf KZN130W so I guess this makes it a 2nd generation.
              Cheers

Jerry

Comment

I don't see how to start a new thread!
                Jerry

Comment

At the bottom of this page, click the down arrow where it says Forum jump.
                  When the menu opens click on the 3.0 Turbo diesel section.
                  When that page opens, click on NEW THREAD.

Comment

Like this.

I'm a Vince apprentice.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho

God help us all.....................

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho

Two sugars.

Comment

Huh, there's me thinking I'd generated an interesting thread and it gets HIJACKED!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X