1st house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st house

I am about to purchase my first house ever! I am 36 yrs old but due to having an 18 year holiday abroad and missing the boat- its taken a while.
    Exchanging contracts is about to happen tomorrow and moving in is about to happen on Friday. After making our offer mid-june and with no chain on either side, how can it be that the sale has taken so long to be legally binding and when it finally happens, we move 48 hours later!!
    I hear it`s different in Scotland, though!
    Powered by Toyota!

good luck with it!
    (i got some half full tins of farrow and ball paint here if it needs decorating..)
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
      I am about to purchase my first house ever! I am 36 yrs old but due to having an 18 year holiday abroad and missing the boat- its taken a while.
      Exchanging contracts is about to happen tomorrow and moving in is about to happen on Friday. After making our offer mid-june and with no chain on either side, how can it be that the sale has taken so long to be legally binding and when it finally happens, we move 48 hours later!!
      I hear it`s different in Scotland, though!

Someone done an experiment a couple of years ago and it showed that it's possible to buy a house and move in within two weeks!!!!

Providing it's a vacant possession with no chains and the lawyers are kept on their toes and you do all the running around delivering documents.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Someone done an experiment a couple of years ago and it showed that it's possible to buy a house and move in within two weeks!!!!

Providing it's a vacant possession with no chains and the lawyers are kept on their toes and you do all the running around delivering documents.
        Well, The estate agent predicted it would be a quick 6 weeks due to no chain on either side. We were delayed by our mortgage lender who said yes then took a month or so to back it up in writing (yes-we are both self-employed for less than 3 years). The rest of the delays were to do with stupid fixtures and fittings and furniture bitching.

The best part of is, of course, is not the fact that I`m moving from Darwen to Darwen (the original Halfrauds trainee birthplace ) but I am moving with the SURF AND A 3/4 TON TRAILER!!!!