Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Head?

I'm a tad worried about my surf, as the following things have happened:

The power keeps dipping when driving (thoough this could be due to an old battery that i have just replaced)
    The coolant is a murky rust colour.

The engine has never overheated on me, and the power has only been lacking the last week.

What does yer reckon.

Do most garages have pressure testing equipmtent?

how long have you had your surf, does it have a warranty?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabyp
      I'm a tad worried about my surf, as the following things have happened:

The power keeps dipping when driving (thoough this could be due to an old battery that i have just replaced)
      The coolant is a murky rust colour.

The engine has never overheated on me, and the power has only been lacking the last week.

What does yer reckon.

Do most garages have pressure testing equipmtent?
      Have you ever done the coolant flush, sounds like its just got water in it murky rust colour??????
      Power keeps dipping could be various things, check breather pipe to fuel tank make sure its not blocked, vaccum. Put a whole bottle of redex in to 1/4 tank of fuel, give it a good blast. Blocked jets.
      If it isn't pushing water out the expansion bottle I wouldn't suspect the head at this stage, when my head I did loose some power but it was all the time not dipping like yours. Mine just felt sluggish all the time.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

I havent got a bad head yet but if I carry on at the current rate I will in the morning

Comment

Working...
        X