Exhausted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhausted

Hello there, just a quickie,.... Went over a speed bump, and the last 5 feet of my exhaust fell off. would have sorted it by now only I have noticed hardly any difference to before.
    What does that little end can do anyway?? I am tempted to not bother until my mot. Opinions??

My exhaust rusted out where it goes over the back axle. I found a bend that was near enough on a brand new transit diesel exhaust that someone had dumped. I now have an exhaust that side exits just behind the rear n/s wheel. It is minus the back box and I didn't notice any difference either.
    On the other hand it sounded $$$$$$ awful with a straight through exaust. It wasn't too loud but the turbo whistle sounded like a police car.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Genuine Toyota replacement exhausts don't have the little box, so I'd say that it's not necessary. It will fail an MOT though, as the gases need to exit from outside the perimeter of the vehicle..
      It just does, OK?

Comment

I recently ordered a new back two sections of exhaust from ebay. apparently the are two types. the little box is only fitted to the auto version, whilst manual does without.
        I have an auto, but my exhaust turned up without the little box, just a straight through piece. I rang the company to complain - but the guy says they all come without this little box now in the uk. the little box is only for the jap market where they have very stringent sound emmision laws!!
        anyway - it's fitted with no noticable sound difference, although low down grunt seems to be improved!
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          My exhaust rusted out where it goes over the back axle. I found a bend that was near enough on a brand new transit diesel exhaust that someone had dumped. I now have an exhaust that side exits just behind the rear n/s wheel. It is minus the back box and I didn't notice any difference either.
          On the other hand it sounded $$$$$$ awful with a straight through exaust. It wasn't too loud but the turbo whistle sounded like a police car.
          So phil you now call it a ransit Surf tailpipe eh !!!!

Oh & welcome back

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

This happened to me after some over enthusiastic driving at speed through a puddle on the plains. I noticed no difference in performance but if we put the back window down it sucked the exhaust fumes into the truck which was horrible.
            Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Got a new stainless steel exhaust made up a couple of months ago and it only has the one box on it, sounds much better

Spoggle

Comment

Working...
              X