Is this an OK price to pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Fraser
    I agree, you could do way better. I've just bought a '93 3.0L SSR-X with 76K & pretty spotless for £2300. As others have said, don't be roped in by the goodies!
    I also recently bought (for my wife) a L Reg (93) 3.0L SSR-X Auto with 72K and a good motor for £2,250. On that basis your seller is asking too much.
    Brian

Comment

Before I got mine from here, I went to
      www.m25cars.co.uk...they had some ok stuff.

3.0L SSRX 62000miles for about £3295...in red...

They were pretty good tbh...
      [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Comment

no m8ty it was to give you the heads up on that one,not what it looks
        that was all. But no problems then as it is not

For what it's worth a truck is worth what YOU feel it is worth to you.
        If it is what you are looking for great.

Got a grey early 91 H plate up in that Tilehurst you may have seen it about
        in the last 5 years Te He give us a flash if you do .

Good luck poppy
        GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

IMHO it's much more fun and satisfying to get a basic sound truck and adding all the cool bits yourself
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Moff
            so if I can get him down to £3k then I'd be doing ok ??

I thought the JAOS kit meant it was worth more ?

Moff
            JAOS is just another aftermarket supplier, like ARB or Warn, goodies are nice, but don't really add much value. If its got "mahoooooosive offroad wheels" and a big lift then to be honest it'll probably handle like c rap on the road.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys and gals, I'm going back on sunday for a final look to decide. I guess this is the place to ask the questions about this kind of truck...

It looks like it hasn't had the head done either, should I walk away ?

Moff
              Into Japs ... Nip Online ... www.mofomos.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys and gals, I'm going back on sunday for a final look to decide. I guess this is the place to ask the questions about this kind of truck...

Moff

It's a huge gamble at that price if the head hasn't been changed. That's not saying that it will crack, some don't but for £3500 you would get a very nice 3.0 .

A new cylinder head+parts and fitting is gonna cost around £1000, add that to the price of the truck you're looking at, and you could buy a 3rd gen Surf for that price.

Comment

Moff
                  If it was me, I would. Better to wait a little and find one you are more sure about and at a more reasonable price.
                  Brian

Comment

Working...
                  X