Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodyshop.

Hi all,
    Just as i was enjoying the surf of 13 days, i was nearsided whilst exiting a rounderbout, by an van that came up the sliproad from the M25 to the A10 and decided to go on the inside of me even thoughi was clearly indicating left! Damage amounts to a well smashed n/s/r wheelarch and a scratch along the rear wing. Anyone know of some decent bodyshops in the Enfield or surrounding area that i can entrust the truck to for repair.
    It's an insurance job so i have to get 2 estimates pronto.

In anticipation of a flood of replys!
    Thanks,
    Fourwheeler.

my mech I use around here is not a bodyshop but he probably knows of a good one nearby...
    Try RS Motors 83457170
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by FOURWHEELER
      Hi all,
      Just as i was enjoying the surf of 13 days, i was nearsided whilst exiting a rounderbout, by an van that came up the sliproad from the M25 to the A10 and decided to go on the inside of me even thoughi was clearly indicating left! Damage amounts to a well smashed n/s/r wheelarch and a scratch along the rear wing. Anyone know of some decent bodyshops in the Enfield or surrounding area that i can entrust the truck to for repair.
      It's an insurance job so i have to get 2 estimates pronto.

In anticipation of a flood of replys!
      Thanks,
      Fourwheeler.
      Sorry to hear of yer woes Bud, I had the same problem (Sideswiped) done a brilliant paint job,You may find this helpful.

FRANK LUDLOW LTD
      71, Windmill Road,
      Luton,
      Lu1 3XL
      Tel. 01582 414441

Good Luck Fourwheeler, drop us a line & let us know the results

There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        my mech I use around here is not a bodyshop but he probably knows of a good one nearby...
        Try RS Motors 83457170
        He told me there was one a couple of doors down from him when I was there this morning.

Nice bloke by the way, thanks for the contact details. I may change my tune when he bills me I suppose

Fourwheeler - he's in Edmonton, dead easy for you.

Comment

glad its handy for you - i forgot to tell him you were calling him by the way - ooops!
          he's very honest so you will be ok.

hope you got it sorted
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Bodyshop.

Thanks to everyone for the info, just dealing with the insurance now and i will let you know how i get on regarding repair.
            Cheers,
            Fourwheeler.

Comment

Bodyshop.

Just an update on my damage repair from back in October.
              The other part's insurance arranged the repair to replace
              n/s/r wheelarch and partly paint the wing and door.
              The work was carried out by Airflow of Lincoln road Enfield.
              Nice job, can certainly recommend them.
              Wheelarch was a hefty £300 part.
              I'm glad i didn't have to cough up for that!
              Surf is now back to normal and i can concentrate on the normal little jobs that they generally need such as electric mirror and heated rear window not working.
              Must remove those large SURF stickers as well while i'm at it, (any ideas for the best way to remove them).

Regards,
              Fourwheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by FOURWHEELER
                Must remove those large SURF stickers as well while i'm at it, (any ideas for the best way to remove them).

Regards,
                Fourwheeler.
                Do a search for 'caramel wheel'

Comment

There are many ways to remove the decals, the technique I used was a caramel wheel (or coach stripe remover). It goes in your drill and takes the decals and glue off without touching the paintwork, you will need to T cut and polish afterwards as the paint under the decals is a slightly different colour due to lack of UV raditation (paint fade).
                  If you do use this technique take your time, make sure there is no grit or dirt on or near the stickers (wash first), and make sure it does not come in contact with the black trim, cause it marks the trim and no amount of back to black restores it.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                    Do a search for 'caramel wheel'
                    And there was me taking my time going for the detailed (waffle) answer.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                    X