Syphoning form a Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syphoning form a Surf?

OK, got 2 Surfs, one I use, and one I don't. Guess which one has a full tank of fuel.

I've tried syphoning the fuel out of the un-used 2.4, but no joy. I've fed nearly 6ft of pipe down the filler spout, and it doesn't seem to reach the bottom of the tank. I'm guessing that there are a load of baffles and stuff that are getting in the way?

What's my best option for draining this? Bearing in mind I don't have a large catch tray so that I could just undo the drain plug on the bottom of the tank!
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

got an old oil catch can... which you use for doing your oil changes... and a cork... do a bit at a time...

Comment

Your better off leaving the fuel in. If you drain it and leave it empty condensation will form and it will start to rot.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
        Your better off leaving the fuel in. If you drain it and leave it empty condensation will form and it will start to rot.
        Thanks for the advice. However my old Surf is just getting a few bits fixed up before I sell it, so hopefully won't be too long.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
          Thanks for the advice. However my old Surf is just getting a few bits fixed up before I sell it, so hopefully won't be too long.

In that case. Drain away!!

I'm affraid there is only one way to drain that tank. You know people will think you are a meths freak watching you drink that diesel!!!!

Comment

I have commercial ramps and axle stands now. Lift it up. Stick a funnel under the drain plug, with a hose attached and run it straight into the tank.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

I dont know naff all about Surfs but most dzl engines have a lecki fuel primer pump so cant you just stick a hose on the out side of the filter housing and let it bleed into a can, or do Toy's need to run?

Comment

Working...
              X