Anti roll bars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti roll bars.

Can i just unbolt these brackets on the chassis and the 2 brackets underneath or do i need to take the little steel rod bit off separately?

Thanks
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Originally posted by smithsurf

Can i just unbolt these brackets on the chassis and the 2 brackets underneath or do i need to take the little steel rod bit off separately?

Thanks
    if your removing the A.R.bar then you can take these off aswell and then the 2 brackets on the axel,i found it easier to take 1 wheel of in order to get the whole thing out
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Do you get much more axel movement if these are removed? When i measured the difference on mine with them on and off there was only half an inch in it. Doesnt seem worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy7160h
        Do you get much more axel movement if these are removed? When i measured the difference on mine with them on and off there was only half an inch in it. Doesnt seem worth it.
        it will give extra articulation if you go off-road plus it's 1 less thing to fail mot on and replacing the bushes and brackets

Comment

Think i'll take the rear one off tmrw. Seem's the easiest lookin at it. Going up to Nortrak in Aberdeen( 4 hour drive) at the weekend so i'll see what the difference is.

Can they be disconected instead of completly removed.. ie take out the threaded rod and leave the bar underneath??
          Last edited by smiffy; 10 October 2006, 20:16.

Comment

Think i'll take the rear one off tmrw. Seem's the easiest lookin at it. Going up to Nortrak in Aberdeen( 4 hour drive) at the weekend so i'll see what the difference is.

Can they be disconected instead of completly removed.. ie take out the threaded rod and leave the bar underneath??
            i dont think so,as the bar will probably be left swinging.I think you can get some form of dis-connects for the A R Bar but Tonyn or someone with more knowledge on that stuff could tell you more

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              i dont think so,as the bar will probably be left swinging.I think you can get some form of dis-connects for the A R Bar but Tonyn or someone with more knowledge on that stuff could tell you more

Cheers.

I'll just take the whole thing off and be done with it
              If all goes well i'll take the front off as well

Comment

Cheers.

I'll just take the whole thing off and be done with it
                If all goes well i'll take the front off as well
                i will be taking mine off as soon as start the lifts

Comment

I've been considering making some following the design from here:
                  Design for disconnects
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

i will be taking mine off as soon as start the lifts
                    I've got my lift done,hope i don't topple over.
                    My +2" springs should hopefully stay in place when fully articulated

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                      I've been considering making some following the design from here:
                      Design for disconnects

Ah,seen them earlier on. Screwfix sell the turnbuckles,a ring at top and a hook at bottom,but other rings can be bought. It says he removes the turn buckle and throws in the glove box,aint the sway bar gonna swing about??
                      Last edited by smiffy; 10 October 2006, 20:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy7160h
                        Every half inch counts!

Linda's truck with +4" rear coils handled no different without them, and the extra droop from the big lift is handy when offroading. I say bin them, especially the rear one.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i second that tony.ive binned front and rear roll bars and im not sure what lift i have 5",6",7" its big all i can say.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                            i have 5",6",7" its big all i can say.

Ooh you dirty boy!

you wanna hold hands?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              Ooh you dirty boy!

you wanna hold hands?
                              what have i said.trust you vince.anyway how can i be the only gay in the village ,when i dont even live in a bl00dy village.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X