Anti roll bars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy7160h
    Do you get much more axel movement if these are removed? When i measured the difference on mine with them on and off there was only half an inch in it. Doesnt seem worth it.

It's not so much the amount of difference that's important, rather the
    fact that the suspension becomes more independent of the chassis/body.
    If one wheel drops, the whole chassis won't try to follow it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      It's not so much the amount of difference that's important, rather the
      fact that the suspension becomes more independent of the chassis/body.
      If one wheel drops, the whole chassis won't try to follow it.

Well i think ill take mine back off

Comment

Right. Disconnected rear bar. Can i leave the bar attatched underneath?? It's supported by something else and wont swing underneath the truck......................... I think

Was going to fold rod over towars the back and secure onto roll bar with a tie.
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
          Right. Disconnected rear bar. Can i leave the bar attatched underneath?? It's supported by something else and wont swing underneath the truck......................... I think

me personnally i wouldn't leave it hanging.seeing as you have taken those 2 bits off ,it's only another couple of bolts to take the whole lot off
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'd take it right out if I was you. You're only 4 bolts and a bit of jiggling away from that anyway. With the bar left in place as it is you will get a banging/clunking sound when you go over bumps, and you risk it fouling on something and maybe breaking stuff if it gets knocked just right (or should that be wrong? ).

Let us know how it affects the roll handling as I'm seriously considering removing mine too to help with articulation - assuming I can't be arsed making some disconnects.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
              I'd take it right out if I was you. You're only 4 bolts and a bit of jiggling away from that anyway. With the bar left in place as it is you will get a banging/clunking sound when you go over bumps, and you risk it fouling on something and maybe breaking stuff if it gets knocked just right (or should that be wrong? ).

Let us know how it affects the roll handling as I'm seriously considering removing mine too to help with articulation - assuming I can't be arsed making some disconnects.
              i took the rear off of my old 2.4 and never really noticed much differance there was a bit of extra roll but it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.i sold the 2.4 and still got the roll bar in the garage if anyone wants it

Comment

so i have been reading thru this forum and i went out and checked my hilux and i still have mine in the rear(and i couldnt any in the front) and i do have quite the lift not sure how much but u can check it out here and there are finally some 4x4in pics on their as well
                but back the a.r bar it seems mine has been exxtended i assume it would have to be to accomadate the lift but i by takin mine out would i notice it greatly while drivin in the city cause i am prety top heavyalready and do roll quite a bit so i do have to watch my speeds around turns and iis it worth it would removin iit help me that much while off roadin

Comment

ooops forgot the linkhttp://www.cardomain.com/id/1991hiluxsurf

Comment

Originally posted by 4wdtoyota
                    so i have been reading thru this forum and i went out and checked my hilux and i still have mine in the rear(and i couldnt any in the front) and i do have quite the lift not sure how much but u can check it out here and there are finally some 4x4in pics on their as well
                    but back the a.r bar it seems mine has been exxtended i assume it would have to be to accomadate the lift but i by takin mine out would i notice it greatly while drivin in the city cause i am prety top heavyalready and do roll quite a bit so i do have to watch my speeds around turns and iis it worth it would removin iit help me that much while off roadin
                    you will get more articulation with it off for off roadin but if take it off then you can see if you get more roll while normal driving,it wont take long to take off and if you find you get too much roll then it wont take long to put back on.It may pay to put the bolts back tho so that the bolt holes dont get full of muck

Comment

mmkay sounds fairly simple ill have to try it out
                      after i fix my steerin and take thos off ill take her on and off roading and test it out and let y'kno how it went
                      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 4wdtoyota
                        mmkay sounds fairly simple ill have to try it out
                        after i fix my steerin and take thos off ill take her on and off roading and test it out and let y'kno how it went
                        thanks
                        thats a nice looking truck you got Stewart and i like those wheels

Comment

thanks i got it a while ago in mid july i belive from a car wash owner that imports vehicles from japan
                          apparently it came from japan lookin just as shown in those pics i do have a bunch of off roadin gear but have not found time to put any of it on and my snorkel is still being held up by customs its startin to get really annoying i had to order it from austrailia
                          but yes i too like the rims on there they really match the truk but i am investin in the most rugged street legal treads i can put on those rims rite away hopefully

Comment

Articulation after rear bar removed :smile:
                            www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

looking good . are you pleased with it?

Comment

Looks good, although I don't suppose you did something similar before hand for comparison?
                                Paul </Slugsie>
                                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                                X