Plymouth area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plymouth area.

I'm looking at this surf (130033422864)on ebay, is anyone from the area familiar
    with this car? Being from Scotland myself it's a bit impractical to be going having a look at it, but if anyone already knows the car I would't mind your opinion.

Cheers lads/girls.........Johnny

can't say I know anything about it i'm sorry to say. It looks nice though! good luck if your bidding.

Comment

looks a very nice surf,but if you dont have any joy with it then i know of someone down here with a 2nd gen 3l he was on about selling.Its black well looked after never been off road apart from on his allotment new tyres and alloys full wrap around bar with spots and 1st owner over here.
      he was saying he wanted 4k for it
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I dont know it either but it does look a goodun (and the best colour! oops)
        I supose it all comes down to the reserve
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Thanks for your input lads; but I didn't get it. It topped out at £3,340 with me bidding £3,240, however it did not make reserve.

It's quite difficult on ebay, where you are trying to give it a positive shot but being several hundred miles away you are having to hold back to cover any major repairs that are unidentifiable through a monitor.

However, I will persevere and if it's any consolation the true market price doesn't seem to have bottomed out yet.

Again thanks for your input lads.

Cheers Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by long_finger
            Thanks for your input lads; but I didn't get it. It topped out at £3,340 with me bidding £3,240, however it did not make reserve.

It's quite difficult on ebay, where you are trying to give it a positive shot but being several hundred miles away you are having to hold back to cover any major repairs that are unidentifiable through a monitor.

However, I will persevere and if it's any consolation the true market price doesn't seem to have bottomed out yet.

Again thanks for your input lads.

Cheers Johnny
            good luck with your search John
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

where abouts are you in scotland john?

cheers scotty

Comment

Hi Scotty, Fauldhouse, West Lothian. Not far from you I should imagine?

Cheers.......Johnny

Comment

not far atol johnny,

im in larkhall, work through your neck of the woods quite regular.

pity you missed out on that surf looked a goodin.

hope you get one soon they are good machines,

cheers scotty.

ps, dont be put off with the 2.4, had mine 3 years now and never missed a beat, and i've abused it at times.

Comment

Feel free to give me a shout any time you are in the area. I can't access you through the PM's and your email isn't showing up either but if you email me I can hit return and tell you exactly where I am, if you ever fancy a coffee.

Cheers........Johnny

Comment

dose any of mine interest you? mine ar all on ebay as for scotty your lucky mate with the 2.4 s ther arnt many people that can say they havant had anything go wrong after 3years with a 2.4 now you have gon on record and sead it i would keep my fingers crossed if i wher you sods law and all that lol ps i only sell black 3ltrs at the moment as black is the most saught after and extrely hard to find`
                      Last edited by mrsurf; 11 October 2006, 16:38.

Comment

Been watching yours and very nice they are to, however I have an aversion to dealers mark-up, Lol. I appreciate you have to make a living and to all intents and purposes you come across as one of the most honest and certainly the cheapest dealer I have encountered.
                        I really do mean you no harm and may yet find myself doing a deal with you.

Cheers mate.........Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by mrsurf
                          dose any of mine interest you? mine ar all on ebay as for scotty your lucky mate with the 2.4 s ther arnt many people that can say they havant had anything go wrong after 3years with a 2.4 now you have gon on record and sead it i would keep my fingers crossed if i wher you sods law and all that lol ps i only sell black 3ltrs at the moment as black is the most saught after and extrely hard to find`
                          Well here's a Statement for ya too, mull it over !!!!!!!
                          "In just over 5 years (& yes I'd miss me Truck if summat happened to it & it ain't cost me an arm & leg either) & I've had only 2 minor probs.
                          16 years later we Keep on Trucking...................... ....

There's always a Payback.... Ya just can't see it Coming !!!!
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

johnny, thanks for the invite for coffee, may take you up on that some day, and likewise, if your in my area give me a shout and i'll stick a brew on.

as for the 2.4 issue, well you could call me lucky, but there is a lot to sayed for regular sevices's and keeping on top of maintenence.

i cant remember the %'s but in a poll on here, i think the members with good 2.4's outweighted the bad one's.

and if i recall there have been a few 3.0's had head problems in the past wee while, so none of us are immune, and as someone else pointed out in an other thread you take your chances with any make and model of car of these ages.

thanks again scotty

Comment

I would suggest that when cars don't reach the selling price, thats a good time to call seller and maybe offer little over last bid price. I purchased my car after no bids where put in. The starting bid was £5750.00. Ten minutes after auction finished, i called seller and offered £5000 which he accepted for a 3rd gen with lots of extras, like better wheels, lifted etc etc. My friend got one for £4000 which asking price was a lot more, without all the extras. Without a doubt, July and August best time to buy Vehicles from Ebay as many vehicles get no bids at all, as its holiday time.
                              I am now running on 50/50 but will fill her up 100% veg oil for my trip down to Cornwall on Saturday. Staying in Grampound till about Tuesday. Say hullo if you see 3rd gen navy over silver P reg with Irish Wolfhound sticking his head out the back.
                              Does anyone from Scotland know Bonar Bridge or live there. If so do you know the Bonar Bridge hotel? Please email me and let me know, as would like some info on this place.
                              Thanks Philip
                              Still Searching,
                              Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
                              X