No announcement yet.

3rg Gen Lift, de stickered and sprayed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rg Gen Lift, de stickered and sprayed!

Well the lift is done ( thanks TonyN), the stickers are off and the peeled paint has been resprayed. I'm afraid I think it's the dog's bollox and beat's a 2nd Gen hand's down for looks. I can't say if it drives better as I've not driven one, but I'd put money on it!
    I've posted a before and a few afters, make your own mind up!
    Last edited by Ace Piker; 6 October 2006, 10:21.
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

It the dogs, I like it mate, always have, and I know how it drives!

But now the knife , its only one little niggle, but if it was mine the front bumper extension lump would have to go. (but then again, if it was mine it would have 33's or 35's, a solid front axle and winch bumper!!)

All in all, smart, good job. its good you've done some personalising work on the car, real trucks are built, not brought.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well it's due for a service in a couple of months, give me a rough idea of cost and we'll see. I always wanted to get rid of the fromt bumper & trim (have already had to straighten the plastic & brackets as I got it stuck on a big bump!)

Comment

Do you reckon I could get some nice little foglights into those holes next to the indicators? As 80% of my mileage is "on road" at the moment I don't think a solid front axle is the best idea, unless you know different? But when it comes time to replace my work vehicle (when I can afford it) I intend to do the works on her. Body lift, big wheels, winch etc. When she who must be led to believe she's being obeyed lets me play with tools again (she hid all my power tools while I was in hospital having my finger sewn back together! ), I'll have a go at the bumper, good call!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
          Do you reckon I could get some nice little foglights into those holes next to the indicators?

yeah, maybe have squint on ebay see whats around As 80% of my mileage is "on road" at the moment I don't think a solid front axle is the best idea, unless you know different?
          That's correct, ditching the IFS WILL affect handling negativily
          But when it comes time to replace my work vehicle (when I can afford it) I intend to do the works on her. Body lift, big wheels, winch etc.
          Good man!
          When she who must be led to believe she's being obeyed lets me play with tools again (she hid all my power tools while I was in hospital having my finger sewn back together! ), I'll have a go at the bumper, good call!

Comment

[QUOTE=Ace Piker]Do you reckon I could get some nice little foglights into those holes next to the indicators? [QUOTE]

But aren't they brake cooling ducts??

Comment

Toyota put spot lights in them on some models, so I guess no!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Toyota put spot lights in them on some models, so I guess no!

Would that be the models with anchors?

Comment

Working...
                X