roll cage take two.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roll cage take two.

ive just purchased a ten ton pipe bender,so now im able to get on and jig up a roll cage.some rock sliders and maybe a bit of an exo cage,had a little play with it on some 2" galvy water pipe,so now its game on.will keep you posted of progress.
    Last edited by surfenstein; 5 October 2006, 20:50.
    www.overfab.uk

and then you will be able to make some tube rear bumpers...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Just as inspiration:

http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/62-exo.php

Comment

how cool is that.thats all the inspiration i need,cheers matt.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          and then you will be able to make some tube rear bumpers...
          And after that some s/steel exhausts, You could make a few bob here Mark
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            And after that some s/steel exhausts, You could make a few bob here Mark
            well if any one wants a roll cage after ive done mine i could propably make some more,but im not going to make rock sliders and other bits coz i think danno is doing that,i wouldnt want to rock the cradle so to speak.but the exhausts could be a good idea,dont think anyone on the forum is making those yet.
            Last edited by surfenstein; 5 October 2006, 22:36.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

How about some stainless tube squared off hoops as side steps to replace the aluminium decking these things come fitted with? I'd be up for it if they were reasonable price.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                well if any one wants a roll cage after ive done mine i could propably make some more,but im not going to make rock sliders and other bits coz i think danno is doing that,i wouldnt want to rock the cradle so to speak.but the exhausts could be a good idea,dont think anyone on the forum is making those yet.
                If you do have ago at exhausts Mark i'll definatly have one, i was toying with the idea of making one with those bits off ebay, but i'm no welder, at least not for a tidy seam, i;ve only used arc and it's no good for thinner materials,
                The old blacksmith i work'd with had a nice hydralic bender (got it for disabled handrails, 2"galvy), was'nt sure if you can bend s/steel tube cold or not, thought it may split,

Comment

I've been in the tube bending industry for a few years and to stop you all getting excited I can tell you that you won't get anything like an acceptable bend in stainless using a press bender - sorry guys
                  Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                    I've been in the tube bending industry for a few years and to stop you all getting excited I can tell you that you won't get anything like an acceptable bend in stainless using a press bender - sorry guys
                    your very right there,it just creases,but i do have something that might help,a mate of mine works for a company called tech tubes,they fill there thin walled tubes with a kind of resin,to enable it to bend without creasing,dont know a lot about it,but it sounds interesting.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Oh well, back to good old eblag then, just have to get it a bit at a time, thought there might be a prob bending stainless, not as pliable as some metals, suppose it depends on how tight a bend you need, Shizen

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                        your very right there,it just creases,but i do have something that might help,a mate of mine works for a company called tech tubes,they fill there thin walled tubes with a kind of resin,to enable it to bend without creasing,dont know a lot about it,but it sounds interesting.
                        Yeah, I think it's called Cerabend (spelling?) - generally only works for smaller diameter stuff but it might be usable (costs a lot though)
                        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
                        X