yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's that strange whirring/hissing sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slugsie
    Thanks guys, somehow I knew you lot would know about these things.

One question about the oil, is this a special oil, or would something like 3-in-1 do the job? If it's special, any ideas of where to get it?

TIA

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Air-Too...=9&category=87

Comment

hissing sound...... i think thats the fridge at work after i just stabbed it trying to defrost it, i am not very popular
      Bunkle
      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
        hissing sound...... i think thats the fridge at work after i just stabbed it trying to defrost it, i am not very popular
        Heh heh, done that before when I was sharing a house. Got away with it by claiming innocence.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

i defrosted a fridge once with an ice axe....much easier than a knife...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

top tip - if you are going to use your compressor for any length of time I.E. undersealing, grinding, sanding etc - you may want to get a second larger air tank / receiver. or like I did - find a local "travellers" site and pinch an empty propane bottle. they make excellant tanks!
            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Dont know about gas bottles, sounds a bit dodgy to me, wot about pressure release valve? i wouldnt have thought that comp would have run air tools Slugsie, i got a fairly large old twin cyninder broomwade and that wont run anything but the lightest tools, as for the moisture seperator/filter i got this ages ago, its good for paint spraying, no moisture at all get's to the gun,
              cant take a pic of the compressor as it's covered with other junk,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                It's me playing with my new set of air tools.

Got them off ebay for a total of £145

Compressor, air nailer, impact wrench, ratchet wrench, air hammer, cut off tool, die grinder, inflator, blower, and lots of bits.

<Tool time Tim impression>More Power!</Tim>
                Slugsie, only just caught up with this thread, and it seems to have got a bit technical.

I would just like to say (in best Life of Brian voice) 'Oh, you lucky, lucky bars*ard'.

Mutts nuts, puppies privates, dogs boll0cks and all that - wish I had one.
                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

[QUOTE=ian619]Dont know about gas bottles, sounds a bit dodgy to me, wot about pressure release valve? QUOTE]

I have T'd into my compressor's tank before the RV and regulator, that way my gas bottle (rated to 24bar working pressure) is protected by my compressor's 8Bar RV and output governed by compressor's regulator. It basically gives a bigger tank. the bottle has been purged to remove all original gas, and sprayed grey as per BOC standard for comp air - just to keep fire brigade happy.
                  Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

[QUOTE=jaky cakes]
                    Originally posted by ian619
                    my gas bottle (rated to 24bar working pressure)
                    1 bar = 14.7 psi (ish)

24 bar = 397 psi

Well, the tank can take (JAKY CAKE) whatever you throw at it LMAO!

I'm going up the local 'travellers' in the morning. Good idea
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Fair enough, i stand erected, in that case it's a great idea, especially if you get one of those bl00dy great big bottles, i could more than double the capasity of my tank, probably take the comp a couple of days to get it up to pressure though
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                        Dont know about gas bottles, sounds a bit dodgy to me, wot about pressure release valve? i wouldnt have thought that comp would have run air tools Slugsie, i got a fairly large old twin cyninder broomwade and that wont run anything but the lightest tools, as for the moisture seperator/filter i got this ages ago, its good for paint spraying, no moisture at all get's to the gun,
                        cant take a pic of the compressor as it's covered with other junk,
                        Like I said, for fully pro use it'd be no good, but for general mucking around and light duty stuff it should be sufficient. I've tried a couple of the tools, and they seem to work just fine. The impact driver may be a touch weak (that's probably the most demanding tool of the lot), but it certainly seems to do wheel nuts up to about the right level and that's about all it'll get used for. The other consideration for me is size. I don't have a garage (unfortunately) so stuff like this has to be kept in the back kitchen. As a result anything that's too big is no use to me.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

personaly i wouldnt use an empty gas bottle,ive heard some horror stories of people who have used these.what about an old air tank from a truck.these have blow off valves already fitted to them,and most of them hold more air than a calor bottle.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Inline Oiler Thingy

That looks suspiciuosly like a none return valve to me

Comment

Originally posted by celticwolf
                              That looks suspiciuosly like a none return valve to me
                              It's not.

Nev

Comment

Bigger tank won't help. You are limited by the compressor CFM output. Bigger tank just means slightly longer working time which is offset by longer time to fill the tank. A 7CFM compressor is still a 7CFM compressor no matter how big the tank is.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                                X