yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's that strange whirring/hissing sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's that strange whirring/hissing sound?

It's me playing with my new set of air tools.

Got them off ebay for a total of £145

Compressor, air nailer, impact wrench, ratchet wrench, air hammer, cut off tool, die grinder, inflator, blower, and lots of bits.

<Tool time Tim impression>More Power!</Tim>
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Is that the Binford 6100 compressor?

I see you've already used the cut-off tool on your exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Is that the Binford 6100 compressor?

I see you've already used the cut-off tool on your exhaust.
      Nah, the exhaust fell off all by its self. Trying to decide if I want to get a welding kit (what am I saying, of course I want a welding kit, trying to decide if I would be SAFE with a welding kit ) and fix it, or buy a new exhaust piece.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Can't see a water trap on the compressor.

Nev

Comment

will that small compressor run many of the tools?
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev

Nev

It's there Nev. the same on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              will that small compressor run many of the tools?
              Should do, the compressor is rated to 120psi, 7cfm. None of the tools are rated over 90psi 6cfm, so should be OK.

I know this kit wouldn't pass muster in any professional garage set up, but it should be more than enough for the sort of stuff that I'm going to put it to. And I can't complain at the price, especially after looking in B&Q (I know) and their roughly equivalent compressor came in at £200 alone.

Nev
              Not 100% sure what you mean by a water trap, but there is a water drain plug on the underside of the tank.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                Should do, the compressor is rated to 120psi, 7cfm. None of the tools are rated over 90psi 6cfm, so should be OK.

I know this kit wouldn't pass muster in any professional garage set up, but it should be more than enough for the sort of stuff that I'm going to put it to. And I can't complain at the price, especially after looking in B&Q (I know) and their roughly equivalent compressor came in at £200 alone.

Not 100% sure what you mean by a water trap, but there is a water drain plug on the underside of the tank.
                usually get a water trap/ air dryer if you're gonna use it for spraying... the drain plug will just expell any moisture that collects in the bottom of the tank.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Filter/Regulator

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                    usually get a water trap/ air dryer if you're gonna use it for spraying... the drain plug will just expell any moisture that collects in the bottom of the tank.
                    Ah right, gotcha. Don't think I have one of them, but I'm not planning on doing any spraying just yet. I presume I can buy one and add it inline to the spray gun.

Unless this bit is it. It's about the only thing in the kit that I don't know 100% what it is. I thought it might be an inline oiler thingy.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Ah right, gotcha. Don't think I have one of them, but I'm not planning on doing any spraying just yet. I presume I can buy one and add it inline to the spray gun.
                      Yes. You can get a combination filter regulator or just a filter if the compressor has a regulator allready. A filter will keep water vapour out of the tools and they will last longer.

Unless this bit is it. It's about the only thing in the kit that I don't know 100% what it is. I thought it might be an inline oiler thingy.
                      That is an inline oiler. No need to use it. Just add a couple of drops of air tool oil to the tool before each use.

Nev

Comment

Have you got 999 on speed dial ? A man with too many air tools will require that number . Especialy the nail gun , as I mangaged to nail my fingures to a door I was making .
                        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                          I mangaged to nail my fingures to a door I was making .

Know how that feels. Used to use nail guns all day at a place I worked. You get used to shooting yourself after a while. Once nailed finger, through knuckle, to a crate. Required pinch bar to extract finger from crate. That REALLYhurt.

Nev

Comment

That is an inline oiler. No need to use it. Just add a couple of drops of air tool oil to the tool before each use.

Nev
                            Thanks guys, somehow I knew you lot would know about these things.

One question about the oil, is this a special oil, or would something like 3-in-1 do the job? If it's special, any ideas of where to get it?

TIA
                            Paul </Slugsie>
                            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                              Have you got 999 on speed dial ? A man with too many air tools will require that number . Especialy the nail gun , as I mangaged to nail my fingures to a door I was making .
                              I'm hoping that I'll be safer with the air nailer. My history with hammers isn't so good, just can't seem to swing them all that precisely. Never had such problems when I've used air nailers before.
                              Paul </Slugsie>
                              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                              X