Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zzzzzzzzz

Ok here's the prob....

All windows are slowing down though truck starts and runs OK BUT the battery gauge is reading higher than normal! Methinks dead cell/s in one battery or both and intend to remove said batteries and drop test.

Any input would be nice if anybody else has suffered lazy window syndrome?

First thing, i know nothing about the windows apart from you press a little button. For all i know could need a blob of greese. Your batterys i would say go to any of your local motor factors i.e. Motorworld, Halfords etc and they have proper battery testers that can tell you if there ok or need topping up or dead.
    i like it muddy!

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
      Ok here's the prob....

All windows are slowing down though truck starts and runs OK BUT the battery gauge is reading higher than normal! Methinks dead cell/s in one battery or both and intend to remove said batteries and drop test.

Any input would be nice if anybody else has suffered lazy window syndrome?
      A couple of years ago one of my batteries died, and it then spent a couple of days taking the other one with it.

When this was happening, all manner of things were going wonky - some really wierd starts in the morning and other gremlins.

The auto sparks found one battery completely dead, the other 'barely alive' (ha ha) so I replaced both - ouch. End of all problems.

EDIT - Forgot to say - sparks tried to explain to me (doh) what happens - one cell dies, the others step up their output, causing more strain, hence faster failure etc etc
      Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 3 October 2006, 23:02.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

You're not likely to see a higher than normal voltage if a cell is dead. A dead cell is likely to collapse under load, thus reading lower than nominal.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          You're not likely to see a higher than normal voltage if a cell is dead. A dead cell is likely to collapse under load, thus reading lower than nominal.
          That's what my doh comment meant - mechanical - OK - Electrical no way!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
            That's what my doh comment meant - mechanical - OK - Electrical no way!
            Hehe, I wish there were more electrical problems. I'd like to feel as useful as the mechanical gurus on here

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Hehe, I wish there were more electrical problems. I'd like to feel as useful as the mechanical gurus on here
              Yes, but Apache - you are the owner of the greatest reply on the history of this forum.

You remember the one - discussion about bobox or something - everyone asking how it works - someone says to you 'YOU don't know how your radio works, it just does' - and you come back with ' I do actually, I design top secret electronics for the MOD'.

I LAUGHED MY ARS* OFF.

Comment

Got proper testing meters but these Surf batteries are tied together with electric string so mega work involved IE 2 x 10mm nuts!!!!..

Cell's bend with use? Cell's short circuit = mega drain on lecki system 'till cell's kill more friends Fred West style................Erm...Ein stien says,,battery goosed!

Enuf !'s, all I wanted to hear was it's OK the fairies will sort it tomoz.

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
                  Cell's short circuit = mega drain on lecki system 'till cell's kill more friends Fred West style.
                  Pretty concise way to put it!

Comment

Working...
                  X