Mobile Phone Survival Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phone Survival Kit

Been passed this info from my uncle is South Africa....I have not tested any so you do at your own risk

THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELLPHONE COULD DO
    There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies.Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it: -
    EMERGENCY
    * The Emergency Number worldwide for **Mobile** is 112 .* If you find yourself out of coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked.

Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote keys?

This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.
    Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away,and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).Editor's Note: *It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"*

Hidden Battery power

Imagine your cell battery is very low, you are expecting an important call and you don't have a charger. Nokia instrument comes with a reserve battery. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?
    To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone:
    * # 0 6 #
    A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to yourhandset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. when your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.
    You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either.If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.
    Gaz

Originally posted by Gizmo
    Been passed this info from my uncle is South Africa....I have not tested any so you do at your own risk
    This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.
    Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.
    We're in South Wales, just unlocked a car in Doncaster - twilight zone...
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

If you have a Nokia phone try *#92702689# this will show you the serial no, when it was made, purchasing date, if it has ever been repaired plus the life timer and that can never been cleared. Only thing is you will need to turn your phone off after and turn back on again. When i worked for a mobile phone company i found loads of these little codes. Our phones do a lot more than we know about.
      i like it muddy!

Comment

Originally posted by it's Jim
        If you have a Nokia phone try *#92702689# this will show you the serial no, when it was made, purchasing date, if it has ever been repaired plus the life timer and that can never been cleared. Only thing is you will need to turn your phone off after and turn back on again. When i worked for a mobile phone company i found loads of these little codes. Our phones do a lot more than we know about.
        so come on then youve opened a can of worms there,what else can our mobile phones do.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

There were codes so you could write a text and send it with a time delay from 5min to 24 hours. Unfortunately thats the only one i can remember.
          i like it muddy!

Comment

oh,oh,oh, what's the code/procedure for unlocking my NEC 616e phone from the 3 network so I can use my old Vodaphone sim card in it?

Comment

When i worked in the industry 3 had a policy if you could find some one to unlock your phone they would jam it to stop it on all networks, unless they did it for you and most of the time it was for a price. We gave up trying to do 3 phones to many problems but i would phone them and ask if they would do it for you. Then they will give you a code you type in and it will unlock it.
              i like it muddy!

Comment

Cool! I've had it two years now on PAYG and only for incoming calls anyway. I just don't like paying £15 every month just to listen to voicemails and make the odd call. If I don't use the £15 within 30 days, I lose it!

With my old Vodaphone card, it lasts forever, nearly.

Comment

TRUE. 3 is great if you use it but if you don't it ends up costing the earth for nothing. If you have had it a few years and it is on PAYG they may do it F.O.C. I seem to remember that they sometimes work it out that if you have spend enough with them they do it free.
                  i like it muddy!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                    We're in South Wales, just unlocked a car in Doncaster - twilight zone...
                    AHA So it was you who unlocked my car the other night ! (or was it the wife left it open Again ?!!) Yes it does work though
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

some fella hit my mate over the head with a Nokia 3330... it caused loss of teeth and abdominal pain!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

112, 911 and 999 can be dialled form any phone, whether it's locked or not, and the phone will connect to any network it can get hold of to make the call. There is no charge for this.

112 doesn't connect to emergency services in the US, it only does this where 112 is the emergency number.

In the UK, don't forget, both 999 *AND* 112 are emergency numbers. 112 is expected to replace 999 in the next few years.

Comment

not wored for me

tried to unlock a transit van and my hilux surf niether worked . do you need a serton mobil or have both the same phones????

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                            .......Hidden Battery power

Imagine your cell battery is very low, you are expecting an important call and you don't have a charger. Nokia instrument comes with a reserve battery. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.
                            This one one of thosse little golden nuggets that consistantly crops up all over the net which is rather inaccurate, and can cause the exact opposite effect to that which the reader hopes.
                            There is no hidden or reserve battery.
                            There is hower a facility to change the mode of the phone to use EFR, an enhanced full rate mode, this can increase the call quality at the expense of battery life (approx 5%). To activate this enter *3370# as quoted, this will however decrease your remaining power not increase it, which could leave you in trouble if using it as a measure to gain a few extra emergency minutes use!
                            To return to normal mode i.e. switch off the EFR, enter #3370#.
                            This all generally only applies to older Nokia models know as DCT-3 (3rd gen) types, most models currently on sale are DCT-4 (4th gen).
                            Maurice
                            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by it's Jim
                              This one's very usefull, and thankfully the newer models now allow you to exit this screen without turning off the phone.

An easier way to remember this one is to think of it as *#war0anty#
                              Maurice
                              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                              X