Vinceeeeeeeeeeeee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinceeeeeeeeeeeee

sorry for the $$$$ pic.but is this spring in properly.half of the top coil of the spring is sitting off of the rubber is this right.
    www.overfab.uk

Originally posted by vatchman
    sorry for the $$$$ pic.but is this spring in properly.half of the top coil of the spring is sitting off of the rubber is this right.
    Hello,

Hasn't Apache just had Vince to sort his out -- springs I mean
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

good thinking andy.apacheeeeeeeeeee.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hello.

Doesn't look right, did you fit the spring with the small diameter at the bottom?

Comment

Didn't appear to be sitting quite right when it was first done, but now I've put about 800 miles on it (more than Vince does in a year!) it looks to be sitting ok. There must be a certain amount of flex in the seats, and like a bum groove in a couch, the new springs make their own in a while.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

you have got the end of the spring in the cut out in the seating haven't you?
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

hi guys ,the small end of the spring is at the bottom and i have aligned the spring cups.the end of the spring is in the cup but like i said half of the top coil is not sitting on the cup.any ideas or do i just let it settle down.
              Last edited by surfenstein; 3 October 2006, 22:07.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Is it still like that with the weight on the wheels?

Comment

yea.the pics are taken with the truck on the ground.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hmmm, I don't remember Apache's sitting like that.

Have you got any bags of sand or cement you could chuck in the rear of the truck to squash the springs down? Maybe take the truck for a spin 'round the block.

OK, just seen your 2nd pic and it looks like they need to settle in.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Have you got any bags of sand or cement you could chuck in the rear of the truck to squash the springs down? Maybe take the truck for a spin 'round the block.

phew.ok cheers for that vince,dont know what this forum would do without ya.ill bung it round the block a couple of times and see what happens.(when ive got the shock on)thanks mate
                      p.s thanks for the replys guys.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Thats what I thought.

The top of mine wasn't sitting precisely in the grooves from the old springs, but now they seem to have reshaped the spring seats to suit themselves.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          Thats what I thought.

The top of mine wasn't sitting precisely in the grooves from the old springs, but now they seem to have reshaped the spring seats to suit themselves.
                          hi thanks for your reply apache.i though they might need to settle in but i wasnt quite sure if the coil should sit outside of the top rubber cup,or wether you discarded the rubber completely.what a difference they make to the height of the truck.mine now sits level.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                            hi thanks for your reply apache.i though they might need to settle in but i wasnt quite sure if the coil should sit outside of the top rubber cup,or wether you discarded the rubber completely.what a difference they make to the height of the truck.mine now sits level.

Makes doing doughnuts easier too with a firmer rear end. (the trucks, before you all jump in with a quip.)

Comment

The LC springs are of a slightly bigger diameter, so to begin with they won't fit 100% into the upper rubber bushes. However, after a little while the bushes will probably stretch out a bit and it'll probably fit quite well. The main thing I did was to make sure that they're sitting as centrally as possible to begin with.

I just took quick piccies of my 3ltr (with LC springs) and 2.4ltr (standard). You can see that the LC springs are slightly wider than the bushes, whereas the originals are smaller.
                              Paul </Slugsie>
                              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                              X