Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil or gas??? billy no mates

Hiya all,
    i'm needing to replace my shocks at the back, (but will do all four corners together) and have been looking at milners, roughtrax etc. can anybody tell me the difference between gas and oil filled shocks ( apart from ones filled with gas etc etc!!!)
    I've done a 2" sus lift and I do mainly road driving but occaisionaly venture off road (95%/5%) so I'm not really all that concerned about off road performance.
    ...BTW...I would love to go off road big time and see what these beasts are capable of - but living up here in Durham - I've got nobody to play wiff , and daresn't go by myself in case I get stuck!
    Any recommendations RE shocks. - I think I read somewhere that TonyN supplies them???
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Originally posted by jaky cakes
    Hiya all,
    i'm needing to replace my shocks at the back, (but will do all four corners together) and have been looking at milners, roughtrax etc. can anybody tell me the difference between gas and oil filled shocks ( apart from ones filled with gas etc etc!!!)
    I've done a 2" sus lift and I do mainly road driving but occaisionaly venture off road (95%/5%) so I'm not really all that concerned about off road performance.
    ...BTW...I would love to go off road big time and see what these beasts are capable of - but living up here in Durham - I've got nobody to play wiff , and daresn't go by myself in case I get stuck!
    Any recommendations RE shocks. - I think I read somewhere that TonyN supplies them???
    Try procomp ES9000's they are gas and will give a firmer ride off road and will cope with your lift
    and there are some useful links on this thread http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26263
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
      Procomp 9000's will suit almost every surf application perfectly IMHO, If you never carry anything heavy/tow or offroad then 3000's are OK, and will feel slightly softer ride but for the price difference its not really worth it.

9000's are £35 and 3000's are £33, plus postage.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X