Recall Work Nearly Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall Work Nearly Done

Just had me Smurf in to Toyota 2day for the relay rod replacment to be carried out ! Job kinda done.
    They had to take out something to do with the air conditioning to replace the rods. My aircon needs to be re-gasses because they are not apparently allowed to have anything to do with the gas as it is not spec to this country. So they need to get a third party company to do this for me.

I needed it doing anyway, but now its costing me nothing ! H'Hey !

I was given a Aygo as a courtesy vehicle and they told me to hold on to it over the weekend ! NO THANX ! i replied. So they are getting the company to come on site to finish the job of the aircon for me. Apart from that, everythings ok, and i have noticed my steering has stiffened up a little too. But the Aygo i thought was a insult to Toyota, Talk about cheap and nasty plastic interior ! A flask would have been built with better plastic !!

I was also given a complimentry bottle of Champagine as a sorry for it having to be recalled ! Now hows that for service !!!

10 out of 10 for their service
    !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

I'm not sure why yours has taken so long. I've had two 2 Gen. Surfs done in the last month and nither had to have anything done to the air con. For each one I waited 90 mins and it was completed and valeted. Got the Champers as well.
    Brian

Comment

You have got a lot better service than me.
      I asked if i could have a courtesy car as the job would take best part of a day and i was told no, as there is a bus service that runs from our area and drops off virtually outside their door, they are about a 30 minute drive away so god knows how much the bus would cost.
      I work split shifts so the wife could arrange to take the car with her mother and go back for it later on, but this would mean having to fork out for 3 taxis to take me to and from work (£7.30 a time) as i can be picked up at the end of my shift Providing the car is back.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkwind
        You have got a lot better service than me.
        I asked if i could have a courtesy car as the job would take best part of a day and i was told no, as there is a bus service that runs from our area and drops off virtually outside their door, they are about a 30 minute drive away so god knows how much the bus would cost.
        I work split shifts so the wife could arrange to take the car with her mother and go back for it later on, but this would mean having to fork out for 3 taxis to take me to and from work (£7.30 a time) as i can be picked up at the end of my shift Providing the car is back.
        got a courtesy car a landcruiser 06 (yaris really) no champagne though but did put a cable tie where a bolt was broke for free
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Don't get me started on this....

Got told by ToyotaGB in March, my truck neeeded to be done. My garage disagreed!! Finally, 6 months later, I get a letter from TGB, take it to the garage, who reluctantly agree to do the work.

Book it in. No courtesy cars available... 30 minute walk home. (to be fair, I did know I wouldn't be getting a car). Wait in ALL day, call at 5 to say it's ready.

Go down, and it isn't ready at all!! It's being washed. No problem. I'll wait. 10 minutes later, keys handed to me, job done. Truck hasn't been washed at all, just 'rinsed'. Never mind. No bottle of champers, no diesel either.

Anyway. Get it home, and the next time I drive it, I struggle to get it off the drive, cos they've fitted the arm wrong, and I've got very little left lock!!

Back to the garage, who say 'ah, that'll be the bump stops, only take 5 minutes'... Yeah right....

Booked BACK in on Monday for them to re-do the work.... Grrr/....
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
            Don't get me started on this....

Got told by ToyotaGB in March, my truck neeeded to be done. My garage disagreed!! Finally, 6 months later, I get a letter from TGB, take it to the garage, who reluctantly agree to do the work.

Book it in. No courtesy cars available... 30 minute walk home. (to be fair, I did know I wouldn't be getting a car). Wait in ALL day, call at 5 to say it's ready.

Go down, and it isn't ready at all!! It's being washed. No problem. I'll wait. 10 minutes later, keys handed to me, job done. Truck hasn't been washed at all, just 'rinsed'. Never mind. No bottle of champers, no diesel either.

Anyway. Get it home, and the next time I drive it, I struggle to get it off the drive, cos they've fitted the arm wrong, and I've got very little left lock!!

Back to the garage, who say 'ah, that'll be the bump stops, only take 5 minutes'... Yeah right....

Booked BACK in on Monday for them to re-do the work.... Grrr/....
            are you saying your a tad disappointed with toyota ???

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
              are you saying your a tad disappointed with toyota ???
              Not Toyota, just the muppets at my local dealers...
              It just does, OK?

Comment

it's in

HI all
                my baby went in tonite for the work to be done (edan bridge ,Letchworth)they say,and I quote, it will be done by 12 ish tomorrow,,,,, we'll see,,,, let ya know what happens. I feel alf naked without it being on the drive

Comment

I had my recall done about two weeks ago.

Not really happy...

Got a yaris for a day, but no champers, no diesel, no wash... well someone did throw a sponge round, didn't even do the roof and left it looking really smeggy.

Toyota CS rang to ask if everything went well, I said no, he said can I send you a survey form, I said YES PLEASE!

Am waiting on it to tell them what I think.
                  Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

You got me worrin now, what year/engine no's were affected, or do toyota let you know if it need's doin?, dont want my steering folding up on me
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                      You got me worrin now, what year/engine no's were affected, or do toyota let you know if it need's doin?, dont want my steering folding up on me
                      Have a look here.

And give Toyota GB a ring...

Toyota UK customer services 01737 367600
                      It just does, OK?

Comment

OH my god you aint had yours done yet ian ???
                        anyone out there got room for a young beagle

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                          Have a look here.

And give Toyota GB a ring...

Toyota UK customer services 01737 367600
                          Sorry, ment chassi no's, looks like mine is one of em, i'll give em a call, thanks
                          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                            OH my god you aint had yours done yet ian ???
                            anyone out there got room for a young beagle
                            I aint dead yet
                            took em long enough to find out summats wrong did'nt it, bl00dy things are only eleven years old, So i can expect a courtesy car, a bottle of champers and a wash n wax? or nuts will roll

Comment

I aint dead yet
                              took em long enough to find out summats wrong did'nt it, bl00dy things are only eleven years old, So i can expect a courtesy car, a bottle of champers and a wash n wax? or nuts will roll
                              maths not your strong point ian ???

Comment

Working...
                              X