yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have just put deposit on my 1st Surf - whats next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenny, I know you are rightly concerned about being sold a pup or something with a dubious background. However, if you like the motor, have physically checked it over and are happy with the price then you need to have some faith and buy it. If you can't bring yourself to trust the dealer then don't buy.

You can never be 100% sure, but others members seam to have had dealings with this chap and have been happy with their purchases. If you spend too long debating if you should or should not buy it then someone else might get there before you.

Obviously, it's your decision at the end of the day and you may be far more risk adverse than me.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
      go on this link a the aa and you will be able to find date of manufactor.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring-advice/index.jsp

go to car data checks first bit is free.

hope it helps
      Hey ya Sledge,

Isnt the date of manufactor different to the date of first registration or am I wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
        go on this link a the aa and you will be able to find date of manufactor.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring-advice/index.jsp

go to car data checks first bit is free.

hope it helps
        Hi again Sledge

Just went to that link but all it does is ask for my personal details and credit card info - is that right ?

Comment

don't forget it's been reg twice once in japan when it was first made , and then again when it was imported. the date i think you need is when it was reg in japan.

i use to work for renult at the docks and some of the cars where just forgoten about. when they went down the line to be reg you would sometimes end up with an old model but it still got reg in that year.

Comment

now then kenny just to show you what a nice bloke i am am giving you a bit of inside dealer information here the person who wil tel you within a minit free of charge is this man` peter jackson at toyota cutomer services 01737367931 he deals with imports all you need is the chassi number the guy only works 3days a wk but i talk to him all the time regarding imports and modell reports ect` anything you need to know he wil tel you within reason that is` he wil put your mind at rest also just for the record` people the japanese police did come to the uk around 11 years ago with a load of insurance blokes but that was in the bad old days when ther was very big money and even biger gangsters involved that sort of thing just dosant hapan any more unles` its not a fresh import the bent 4x4s came vier iran so dont worry

Comment

Originally posted by mrsurf
              now then kenny just to show you what a nice bloke i am am giving you a bit of inside dealer information here the person who wil tel you within a minit free of charge is this man` peter jackson at toyota cutomer services 01737367931 he deals with imports all you need is the chassi number the guy only works 3days a wk but i talk to him all the time regarding imports and modell reports ect` anything you need to know he wil tel you within reason that is` he wil put your mind at rest also just for the record` people the japanese police did come to the uk around 11 years ago with a load of insurance blokes but that was in the bad old days when ther was very big money and even biger gangsters involved that sort of thing just dosant hapan any more unles` its not a fresh import the bent 4x4s came vier iran so dont worry
              Hello Mrsurf.

Thank you so much for this info - much appreciated. I will give this guy a call first thing in the morning.

Thank you again,

Kenny

Comment

well?? how did you get on did pete help you ??

Comment

Originally posted by mrsurf
                  well?? how did you get on did pete help you ??
                  Hi ya,

Nope, I called but he has an answer phone on saying he is on holiday. The message gave an e-mail address and said the e-mail was being monitored in Pete's absence and matters of urgence would be acted upon by who ever is doing the monitoring.

I know my enquiry is not really urgent in the grand sceme of things but I dropped an e-mail over to them anyway. A couple of hours later I got the following automated reply:

"I will be out of the office starting 11/09/2006 and will not return until
                  09/10/2006.

My emails are being monitored and wherever possible actioned during my
                  absence, however if you do not receive a response I will respond to your
                  message upon my return."

Gonna be a bit late to help me but hey the guys entitled to his holiday

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Notts
                    Hi ya,

Nope, I called but he has an answer phone on saying he is on holiday. The message gave an e-mail address and said the e-mail was being monitored in Pete's absence and matters of urgence would be acted upon by who ever is doing the monitoring.

I know my enquiry is not really urgent in the grand sceme of things but I dropped an e-mail over to them anyway. A couple of hours later I got the following automated reply:

"I will be out of the office starting 11/09/2006 and will not return until
                    09/10/2006.

My emails are being monitored and wherever possible actioned during my
                    absence, however if you do not receive a response I will respond to your
                    message upon my return."

Gonna be a bit late to help me but hey the guys entitled to his holiday
                    ah wel never mind but it was worth a try the bloke is realy good like you say he is entitled to a brake , but the date shuld be on the de registration document in japanese and english if its not then the guy hasant looked proper dont worry aniway bimta could get you any information you want from the chassi number try ringing them may be beter that way` than over the pc

Comment

Working...
                    X