yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have just put deposit on my 1st Surf - whats next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have just put deposit on my 1st Surf - whats next?

Hi Gang.

Just wanna say THANK YOU to everyone who has answered my posts in here, I appreciated all your comments and with all your good advice in mind.........

I have put a deposit on a loverly looking Surf at Four Track Cars in Hertfordshire.

I burrowed my GF's car today and trundled my way down the M1 from Nottingham, and after a quick spin on the M25 found my self in deepest rural Hertfordshire and being greeted by Gary the owner of Four Track Cars.

I test drove two of his Surfs and decided I liked one so i took the plunge and put the old deposit down.

Have a look guys and tell me what you think?
    http://fourtrackcars.com/Page026.htm

The one I am going for is a 1995" Toyota Surf 3.0 SSRX Turbo Diesel Auto Limited Edition for the sum of £4,995. I noticed during my inspection that the Exhaust box was rusted and would need replacing so I got the dealer to throw in a brand new Exhaust incl fitting. It comes freshly Registered with the DVLA (on a M PLate), 12 months MOT, Six months Road Fund Licence and a 3 month Warrenty that I can extend should I wish (for a nice fee of course) Oh, and the Timing belt has just been changed (the old one was there as proof)

So, Do I BIMTA check it or not (the dealer said that the DVLA checks its not stolen with interpol???)

Do I get the RAC to inspect it (I e-mailed Tony of 4x4 toys and asked if he would take a look (for what ever fee he saw fit) but he never replied).

Once I get the Surf home, should I get all the fluids changed? Have it Serviced and checked.

Have it under sealed (anyone know who does this)?

Have a Cat 1 or a Cat 2 alarm fitted ?

OK, OK, I know you guys have posted me some great advice in the past but I just wanna make sure I do everything right so my chosen Surf is looked after well.

Thanks all and look forward to reading your replies.

nice one Ken looks like you got a good motor
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

[QUOTE=Kenny_Notts]Hi Gang.

I have put a deposit on a loverly looking Surf at Four Track Cars in Hertfordshire.

QUOTE]
      man if i was the garage owner id be pretty annoyed, hopefully itll jetwash off
      665 the neighbour of the beast

Comment

Get the cat 1 alarm, your localc muggers (insurance co) may insist on it.

Has it got a UK or Jap radio ? if Jap try to get him to replace it, and keep an eye on the tyres, if they are Jap shall we say the car is entertaining in the wet

Trev
        Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 26 September 2006, 20:53.
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

If you don't know for sure when the fluids were last changed do them.

Also change air and fuel filter. Have the drive shaft joints greased as well as the front suspension ball joints.

Check the anti-freeze for correct strength as Winter is not far away.

Don't underseal, get it cleaned underneath and Waxoiled. Underseal will trap in moisture, the Waxoil won't and is a good preservative for the underside.
          Brian

Comment

Man that’s a pretty one, Def need a Cat 1 alarm system me thinks.
            Can’t help you with the other queries I’m a newbie too.

Comment

ermmmmm DVLA, Interpol
              DVLA won't find any records of past history as its an import and Interpol don't do cars. Fugitves, terrorism, high tech crimes, human trafficking, drugs etc you get the picture.
              Bimta as far as I know do mileage checks, stolen and outstanding finance on imports, just can't see thats high on Interpols list of things to do.
              So for peace of mind its got to be a BIMTA check.

As already said, yes do coolant oils etc, even if the dealer says its been done I wouls personally do it for my own peace of mind.
              Check the CD player works and the radio hasn't had a band expander fitted because they are as much use as a chocolate tea pot (unless of course you only listen to radio 2).
              Wax oil is the way to go as already said, and check doubl check all electrics work.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                ermmmmm DVLA, Interpol
                DVLA won't find any records of past history as its an import and Interpol don't do cars. Fugitves, terrorism, high tech crimes, human trafficking, drugs etc you get the picture.
                Bimta as far as I know do mileage checks, stolen and outstanding finance on imports, just can't see thats high on Interpols list of things to do.
                So for peace of mind its got to be a BIMTA check.

As already said, yes do coolant oils etc, even if the dealer says its been done I wouls personally do it for my own peace of mind.
                Check the CD player works and the radio hasn't had a band expander fitted because they are as much use as a chocolate tea pot (unless of course you only listen to radio 2).
                Wax oil is the way to go as already said, and check doubl check all electrics work.

then enjoy
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Looks like another ones got the bug, once bitten your hooked
                  If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

And what's wrong with radio 2 may i ask, steve wright in the afternoon!!!!
                    better than all that bump bump monkey cr@p on 1
                    Oh yes, and nice looking surf me old mate, AIBA bars and a fear spoiler! nice
                    Last edited by POPEYE; 26 September 2006, 21:25.
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Looks purrrrrfect to me so I wont even mention the colour - all the above advice I would go along with - hope the face dont ache to much with all the grining.............and welcome to the most decerning bunch of motor owners
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

Looks good BEST COLOUR

RUNS AWAY QUICKLY
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

come'on fellahs if he had a few more grand he could have got a green one
                          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                            Looks good BEST COLOUR

RUNS AWAY QUICKLY
                            there's always one who has to mention color
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                              there's always one who has to mention color
                              Its the first time in ages that ...............ANYWAY THEY DO LOOK GOOD IN BLUE
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                              X