cyl head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfbanger
    removed the head yesterday as it overheated while sitting in a traffic jam.Yes a complicated job,but you guesed it..........3 cracks,2 in no2 cyl the other in no4.Found a company in Durham that does a new head for £595 +vat...!credit card is gona take a bashing.

Don`t forget to check your water.

Jim
    2.4? or 3.0?
    Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
      2.4? or 3.0?
      dont worry rob he'll be in our gang 2.4
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
        andy, i am talking from experience here series 2 landrover heads dont last very long when they have been stitched, my mate bought one that had been done, went again soon after, also the best engine is the five bearing which was fitted from around 1982 previous to this they was four bearings not as good
        I guess I'd have to agree with you there as my own experience of a Landy was a Series 1 1/2 with a 2 Litre petrol engine which was slow as a tortoise but would go on for ever. This Landy was used as a tow truck at the garage I worked at, had an old mechanical crane on the back and had a top speed of about 35MPH, about 3 inches of play in the steering but it certainly was a bomb proof machine.

Still ws a piece of s**t though.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
          I guess I'd have to agree with you there as my own experience of a Landy was a Series 1 1/2 with a 2 Litre petrol engine which was slow as a tortoise but would go on for ever. This Landy was used as a tow truck at the garage I worked at, had an old mechanical crane on the back and had a top speed of about 35MPH, about 3 inches of play in the steering but it certainly was a bomb proof machine.

Still ws a piece of s**t though.

Cheers
          the engine block they used is identical for petrol & diesels
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Hi
            Hve you tried milners.i got mine from them,i think it was £550 +vat for the kit which includes head bolts, genuine toyota head,head gaskit,and timing belt.

Regards
            Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by mark burrows
              Hi
              Hve you tried milners.i got mine from them,i think it was £550 +vat for the kit which includes head bolts, genuine toyota head,head gaskit,and timing belt.

Regards
              Mark.
              Did that include cams, valves etc???
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Hi
                No all it included is what was listed above.

Regards
                Mark.

Comment

it was a crack in radiator header tank,under left side strengthner bracket, i soldered it up but was to late.Eventually using 2 litres of water every 5 miles.

ps,Phill...that one is not mine i live down in Nettlesworth village on right behind houses.think i have attached picture.

Jim
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jim,

I guessed that today because the one at Sacriston has moved and you said yours was stripped down.

Nice wheels though, I will keep an eye out. If a white Scudo van flashes you it is only me forgetting what car i am in.(or if a Scudo van washes his windows at you!!!! wish all the levers were on the same side!!! lol)

Phil...

Comment

in my works van i regularly put my wipers on when i am turning.
                      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by stara
                        in my works van i regularly put my wipers on when i am turning.
                        In my works car I keep forgetting to use that funny extra pedal on the left Doesnt go down too well in London rush hour traffic!!!!
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                          dont worry rob he'll be in our gang 2.4
                          PHEW