yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a hilux on ebay and going to collect- please need advise ASAP- thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a hilux on ebay and going to collect- please need advise ASAP- thanks.

I bought a hilux SSRG-3.0 TD on ebay yesterday bearing item number 300028548095. You can cut and paste this number to view vehicle. I paid £1441 for it. It looks good to me, well I have heard numerous niggles including overheating, turn to turn noises and other things.

All guys who are experienced with these beasts, please help me test drive/ inspect vehicle. I would be really greatful. Also I would love to know how the vehicle looks and whether I paid a good price.

If I buy it, I will send some more pictures and also will tell you about my first experience being a surf owner. Thank you all and god bless.

See here:
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22581

Yes, you paid a very good price as long as it's straight, and a fairly good price if it's a total dog.

As someone who's sold a car on ebay, I think I should point out that you've already bought it, whatever it's like, so there's no real need to test or inspect it, you still have to pay.

Comment

From what you say, you've won the item and have paid for it, but then you finish with 'if I buy it'. Have you bought it or not?

The first thing I'll say is that eBay is an auction site and you bid to buy not to view, just like an auction house. Should you decide that you can't be bothered afterwards be advised that you have already entered into a legal contract to purchase. The owner could chase you up for this, although it happens regularly and not many bother apart from leaving negative feedback.

The Surf, like all cars, has a couple of niggly bits, and I'm sure others on this site will help you further, but as you may have already bought it I'm not sure what good checking it now will be.
      Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        See here:
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22581

Yes, you paid a very good price as long as it's straight, and a fairly good price if it's a total dog.

As someone who's sold a car on ebay, I think I should point out that you've already bought it, whatever it's like, so there's no real need to test or inspect it, you still have to pay.
        And look here too.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

Basically, look for the same stuff as you would on any other car, plus check the rear window works, test the 4x4 (on a dirt track) and don't worry if the steering makes knocking noise on full lock.

Comment

i cant believe how cheap that is!
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by javnas
            I bought a hilux SSRG-3.0 TD on ebay yesterday bearing item number 300028548095. You can cut and paste this number to view vehicle. I paid £1441 for it. It looks good to me, well I have heard numerous niggles including overheating, turn to turn noises and other things.

All guys who are experienced with these beasts, please help me test drive/ inspect vehicle. I would be really greatful. Also I would love to know how the vehicle looks and whether I paid a good price.

If I buy it, I will send some more pictures and also will tell you about my first experience being a surf owner. Thank you all and god bless.
            From what I can see you've got a very good deal.
            And welcome to the nuthouse mate
            If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Surf

We all know it is a legal obligation to bid and buy. But I believe the loophole is '' if description does not reflect actual condition'' then the product can be rejected on reasonable grounds. Well i paid £1441 and I am happy, but I believe he replied to someone saying the sunroof does not work, which he did not mentioned on the auction main page. Is that a major issue?

Thank you all for replying so quickly - a star you all.

Comment

OMG, that's so cheap and looks really tidy!
                Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

We all know it is a legal obligation to bid and buy. But I believe the loophole is '' if description does not reflect actual condition'' then the product can be rejected on reasonable grounds. Well i paid £1441 and I am happy, but I believe he replied to someone saying the sunroof does not work, which he did not mentioned on the auction main page. Is that a major issue?

Thank you all for replying so quickly - a star you all.
                  For that price you would expect a few little things wrong, shouldn't cost a lot to sort out the sunroof may just be a bad switch or something similar.
                  Good luck and enjoy.
                  Watch out for the grin factor when you start driving it.
                  If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Gary

Hi Gary,

You said '' watch out grin factor when driving it'' What does it mean, does hilux surf grin while driving? Is there any common faults that are never resolved. I have heard that it makes grinding noise while on full lock. Please help me, I have appointment @ 2pm today. Has to test drive it properly. Thanks again - your all a star. God bless.

Comment

he means you will be grinning like a cheshire cat when ya drive it lol.... ps the noises on full lock normally mean the steering stops need re greasing.. good luck
                      DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Looking at the ad, the guy's saying that the aircon doesn't work, but it's got a sunroof so it doesn't matter.

They're not supposed to clunk on full lock but, as said above, it will take 5 minutes and a few blobs of grease to fix if it does.

Comment

Where abouts in London are you mate. If your not to far might be able to have a look wiv yer
                          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I paid £1441 for it.
                            At this rate by next year you should be able to pick up a 2.4 with 5 gallons of Derv !!!!!!

Well done on your bargain, please excuse me if I sob in the corner - paid £7K for Hippo 2 1/2 year ago

Trev
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                              At this rate by next year you should be able to pick up a 2.4 with 5 gallons of Derv !!!!!!

Well done on your bargain, please excuse me if I sob in the corner - paid £7K for Hippo 2 1/2 year ago

Trev
                              Ha thats nothing I paid 4 1/2k for my 1st gen 7 years ago (thats before 2nd gens were available in th UK)

Hey Javnas well done m8 good score and welcome to surfizum.
                              Sumo now crawls away to sulk in the corner cos he never saw it.
                              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X