No announcement yet.

what car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not great news the clio is our fav at the mo but I hear what your saying about french cars, a relative has a 307 and ive driven it a couple of thousand miles this year for them and it really is cheap as chips manufacturing.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

If you don't need a (useful) boot, get a Mini. It's worth it just for the grip.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        not great news the clio is our fav at the mo but I hear what your saying about french cars, a relative has a 307 and ive driven it a couple of thousand miles this year for them and it really is cheap as chips manufacturing.

Just been browsing the Renault enthusiasts forums, and no-one mentions the diesel engine problem pointed out in this thread. Maybe it's the 2.4 Surf syndrome, you only hear of the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
          If you don't need a (useful) boot, get a Mini. It's worth it just for the grip.

Hell yeah, what roundabout??!!!

Worried a Scooby Impreza off the lights once in mine, he was bouncing on his rev limiter trying to get past me!

Comment

Originally posted by Gazbo
            Stay away from all french cars, there all the same except the shape!! They are poo, the worst cars i have ever worked on, and believe me, i have worked on some $$$$. I would put french cars at No1 for un-reliability which just peeps Landrover which i would have at No2

I had a citroen diesel, ( 205d engine) for 7 years from new.
            Changed oil and filter every 6k and sold it as a 1st time starter and good runner with 350,000 miles on the clock.
            Fantastic little van, cost me about £500.00 in repairs in 7 years.

Wife has clio 1.5 dci 85,000 miles no probs, just changed front discs and pads, oil and filter.

Another good little french diesel.
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Have you thought along the fiesta line? I got an s reg ghia for my other half at a great price and they are super nippy! get the zetec 16v 1.3
              power stearing, ac, walnut dash etc, heated front and rear windows etc...............
              Look on e-bay, you can get them for around £800 - £1500, (W REG ISH)and it has never let us down. It is unleaded, but like I say, rain or shine it;s never missed a beat

Comment

she is considering newr fiestas yes but i think they are a bit boring and the 1.25 engines noise drives me mad, i have friends with them and they like them though...
                its good to hear 2 good reports on the clio as well as i think its the one we both like best on paper - ive searched for the problem of liners and havent found much yet, it would be around 40000miles on the clock and only do a few k a year.

minis are lovely but too expensive
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                X