Buying first SURF.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marktippins1981
    Oh, and one question i would ask is.....I have a switch with ECT on it (Normal & Power are the options).....what the hell does it do?

I assume it is like a "sport" mode.....which i found quite funny, lol
    Yep, it's 'sports' mode. It hangs on to the gears for longer before changing up (when you switch it to 'power'). You think it's funny on yours, you should try a 2.4

Presumably, it's a 3rd gen and the seats you have are for a second gen?

And where are the PICTURES?????

Comment

It is a 2nd Generation (i think)

....the seats are for a 2nds Generation too (i hope). I will be fitting them on Thursday (so fingers crossed).

Pics to follow tonight (when i get home)

Comment

Yeah, they were second gen seats (they were the ones off ebay right?).

I thought second gen stopped some time in 95.

Doesn't matter anyway, they're all good. I know what you mean about that cruising thing. Makes me want to take up smoking again and drive around with the window down, fag in mouth.

Comment

Oh, and one question i would ask is.....I have a switch with ECT on it (Normal & Power are the options).....what the hell does it do?

I assume it is like a "sport" mode.....which i found quite funny, lol

Very handy when towing mate, stops the box changing up and down every thirty seconds, but you will use a lot more fuel. Wecome to the funny farm

Cheers; Spoggle

Comment

It is a 2nd Generation (i think)

....the seats are for a 2nds Generation too (i hope). I will be fitting them on Thursday (so fingers crossed).

Pics to follow tonight (when i get home)
            Easy way to tell if you got a 2nd or 3rd Gen, which way does the tailgate go - if it lifts to open it's a 3rd Gen, if it drops it's a 2nd Gen.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Panrixx
              Did you try Footman James? If not, give them a call and see if they can give you your NCB.

Tel. No. 0845 458 6791
              I tried quite a few but apparently in Britain you have to have how many years and the underwriters will not accept it expressed as a percentage.

Would you believe the silly **** at Virgin said that they sometimes give 55% discount in the first year. To which I replied I have a clean licence and twenty five plus years claim free motoring so what discount will you give me then?
              She responded with “we don’t give a discount for new policy holders”.
              Freeking Priceless !!!

I’m going to give Footman James (what a name ) a call just to check it out for the future as its hopefully sorted in Spain now.
              Once again thanks for the info Panrixx, you’re a star.

Comment

if you go with footman james, the do a discount for the vintage motorcycle club of great britain... the seats you are taking out, are they the ones with lots of adjusters and lumbar support, or the quite nasty ones like i have...?
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

yeah, that is them......they have all the adjustable bits......you interested?

Comment

Try A-plan too - they are usually very helpful and cheap for surfs.
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

might be...
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Thanks Linda I’ll add them to the list for next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          if you go with footman james, the do a discount for the vintage motorcycle club of great britain... the seats you are taking out, are they the ones with lots of adjusters and lumbar support, or the quite nasty ones like i have...?
                          I joined recently. Got 10% discount off my wife's Surf which meant around £22.

The joining fee was £25 per annum plus a £3 initial joining fee. When I insure my own Surf another £20+ saved. When I insure my Corvette, next month, another £40+ saved = RESULT.
                          Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X