anti-roll bar links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti-roll bar links

just been looking through a few older posts on the topic of lifting rear.
    when i did mine last year, i raised the brake line T piece, the brake loading valve and adjusted the panard rod.
    What I havn't done - which i noticed Vince does do - is lower / raise the anti roll bar link. Oooops
    I've just been out under my truck with a torch and I can't figure out what the bar actually does - can anyone enlighten me?
    would it make a difference if i left them alone?
    Last edited by jaky cakes; 21 September 2006, 22:53.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

When the body rolls away from the axles, the sway bar literally creates an
    opposing force, thereby limiting the amount of movement between suspension
    and body. Example, if the drivers side of the body tilts upwards, the wheels try
    to follow. It's not indepth, but gives an idea. Removing the sway bar completely
    allows for better suspension travel.

Comment

Your anti rollbar, bush brackets will eventually be ripped off.

Comment

cheers for that!
        i guess i lower them by the same amount as the lift?
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Yep, that's what I do.

Comment

You missed the boat Vince, here's an anti roll bar link

http://autorepair.about.com/library/...bldef-052a.htm

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Not really, check who the article is written by!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Not really, check who the article is written by!
                LOL! Sorry, I give up!!

Off to Leeds tomorrow, then Liverpool with the back of the truck fully loaded (and I mean to the roof!). That should settle the new suspension!

Comment

Hell yeah!
                  and from the outside, no-one will be any the wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Hell yeah!
                    and from the outside, no-one will be any the wiser.
                    I'm gettin that idea. Seems a mite softer today, the ride is about as near as dammit to how I want it, so 3000's all round will probably be perfect. When's the 2" bdy lift kit coming out then, or is Danno still the man for that?

Was thinking about wheel spacers tonight. I reckon an inch or so per wheel would just give it the right sit to go with the extra height. Are they reliable or will my wheels fall off?

Comment

Danno's yer man for the body lift kit.

You need to get the steel spacers that bolt to the hubs, I want some too!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        I'm gettin that idea. Seems a mite softer today, the ride is about as near as dammit to how I want it, so 3000's all round will probably be perfect. When's the 2" bdy lift kit coming out then, or is Danno still the man for that?

Was thinking about wheel spacers tonight. I reckon an inch or so per wheel would just give it the right sit to go with the extra height. Are they reliable or will my wheels fall off?
                        Can I interest you in these? 10% discount to anyone on here that buys them.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                          Can I interest you in these? 10% discount to anyone on here that buys them.
                          Possibly... They wont break and cause my wheels to fall of will they? Do you have more than one set? I'll be up Blackpool way (BAE Warton) early next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                            Possibly... They wont break and cause my wheels to fall of will they? Do you have more than one set? I'll be up Blackpool way (BAE Warton) early next month.
                            The auction is for a full set of 4 spacers, so it's all you need to do one vehicle. As far as I know they should be plenty strong enough for general use, but if you tend to go bouncing off bumpy tracks at high speed then I reckon spacers are probably not for you. Oh, and you may need to cut a couple of millimeters off your studs to get a good snug fit.

Warton is about 10 minutes away from me as I'm in St Annes which is right between Blackpool and Warton.
                            Paul </Slugsie>
                            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                            X