hmm, v6 or TD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm, v6 or TD?

thinking of changing surfs and i might be able to snap up a v6, or do you think the 3ltr TD is better? What differance is there in MPG?
    What comes around goes around!!

On a steady run on the motorway there isn't much in it, but around town the V6 sucks.

But sounds sweeter though.

Toyota UK official MPG's for 4Runners are 56mph-26mpg, urban-19mpg for the V6, can't remember diesel off the top of my head, but its something like 24 and 28/30 for the oil burner.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Gazbo
      thinking of changing surfs and i might be able to snap up a v6, or do you think the 3ltr TD is better? What differance is there in MPG?
      and black ones dont go further (mpg)
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

lol, joker. It looks like its going to be a another dark blue one if i go ahead with it?

Comment

lol, joker. It looks like its going to be a another dark blue one if i go ahead with it?
          what one ??
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I have friends in places mate, going to look at one on sat that has been imported and is not yet on the road

Comment

Probably depends on your mileage. I took my V6 up to Yorkshire at the weekend and it managed a respectablish 23mpg about. London, A1 and Yorkshire windy stuff. Never had a 3.0td but the V6 is fun when you boot it and it does make a nice noise.

You can watch the fuel gauge go down in traffic though. And the fcuking back window doesn't work anymore.......

Comment

i had a test drive in a 1996 3.4ltr 24valve V6 woooooooooooooooh what a beast it pulled to 120 mph and wheel spun on dry tarmac but the fuel gauge moved quicker, if you live any where like me then i guess it whould run at about 15 mpg 2.4 auto tds run around here at 19- 24 mpg. manual and 30ltr ones are up in the high 20's
                Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Reet? I will have a gebs and let you lot know what i think later, cheers folks

Comment

dont forget the veg factor.. petrol is full price!!
                    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Yeah, but Petrol's cheaper than diesel and LPG is much cheaper than veg.

Comment

Working...
                      X