No announcement yet.

Richard hammond off top gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TG has been criticised for taking risks before, and when you take risks, you risk things like this happening.

I'd like to wish Hammond a speedy, full, recovery, and would like to commend him for having the b*lls to take a risk in the modern climate of cotton-wool and liability suits.

All the best Richard.

Comment

GET WELL SOON Hammy, were thinkin ov yer !!!!!!
      Hope you make a swift recovery: 2thumbsup.

Jesse
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by NFC
        I'd like to wish Hammond a speedy, full, recovery, and would like to commend him for having the b*lls to take a risk in the modern climate of cotton-wool and liability suits.

All the best Richard.
        I'll second the above. For a little guy he's got biguns. Get well soon.

Comment

well lets hope he lives. It would be ironic if both the guy who messes around tempting wild animals and the guy who tempts faith by driving at stupid speeds both were killed by their respective nemisis within a short space of each other

Comment

Amen to all the above, Top Gear, Top Geezer
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by fergus
              well lets hope he lives. It would be ironic if both the guy who messes around tempting wild animals and the guy who tempts faith by driving at stupid speeds both were killed by their respective nemisis within a short space of each other
              I like to think people like this know the risks and live or die doing what they love. I would.

Best wishes to the Hamster, he comes across as a good guy.

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond has suffered a "significant brain injury" after crashing a jet-powered car at speeds of up to 300mph during filming.
              Doctors at Leeds General Infirmary said they were "reasonably optimistic" the 36-year-old would make a good recovery.
              Lastest on the BBC news website.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

liked hes sense of humour on top gear ,, hope you make it!!!
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

get well soon .
                  nick 1 step in front of you

Comment

Ditto all the above
                    Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Comment

Gave up watchin that poxy motorbike hating kiddy TV show years ago but I hope the wee bloke recovers OK.

Comment

not sure if it's the same car, I have a good customer who was out in the desert last month managing the testing of a jet car that had JCB jets on it attempting to break the ground record. He wanted a go, but at 320MPH, only the trained RAF test pilot was aloud in it.

At a guess I would say it was the same car. JCB were trying to deign the next best motor or sumin.

I'll do a google and see what comes up.

Regards to Richard though and his fam.

Comment

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/ne...?news_id=15088

This is it! check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                            not sure if it's the same car, I have a good customer who was out in the desert last month managing the testing of a jet car that had JCB jets on it attempting to break the ground record. He wanted a go, but at 320MPH, only the trained RAF test pilot was aloud in it.

At a guess I would say it was the same car. JCB were trying to deign the next best motor or sumin.

I'll do a google and see what comes up.

Regards to Richard though and his fam.
                            Thought the JCB car was a diesel? They aren't exactly famous for their turbines. The 'pilot' you're talking about is Andy Green. I've got his autograph from the Thrust SSC development days on a Thrust SSC framed poster of the wind tunnel model we had in my workplace. Must be worth summat on eBay
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

At least a couple of manual hubs and a set of dampers I would have thought!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                                At least a couple of manual hubs and a set of dampers I would have thought!
                                Set it up and it's yours (even though I've been promising it to my kid)
                                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X