Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sripad
    Understood! Thanks very much mate!!

I was looking at a portable MAYCOM AH-27 CB RADIO TRANSCEIVER - refurbished (item number 140031749259) on eBay. What is your thought on this? Have you used one of them before? I need to know what the range like in one of these.
    It doesn't matter what transceiver you purchase. They all have a legal maximum
    output of 4 Watts output power. Therefore, the transmission distance is roughly
    the same. Even above 4 Watts, theoretically, your distance wouldn't improve
    much.

Comment

Originally posted by sripad
      Understood! Thanks very much mate!!

I was looking at a portable MAYCOM AH-27 CB RADIO TRANSCEIVER - refurbished (item number 140031749259) on eBay. What is your thought on this? Have you used one of them before? I need to know what the range like in one of these.
      If you want more range then you can use a burner (basically an amplifier for the trans signal) most reputable CB shops won't selll them but a quick search of the Net will turn one up. I know a few people do risk using them but I'm not suggesting you do as it's illegal and you can be fined and banned from using any broadcasting equipment if caught.

Comment

Originally posted by hotjames
        If you want more range then you can use a burner (basically an amplifier for the trans signal) most reputable CB shops won't selll them but a quick search of the Net will turn one up. I know a few people do risk using them but I'm not suggesting you do as it's illegal and you can be fined and banned from using any broadcasting equipment if caught.
        The eBay seller cancelled the portable CB for some reason. Looks like I will buy a Midland48 with a Thunderpole orbitor antenna. Thanks everyone for the advises. Now I know more about CB radios!
        [IMG]
        [/IMG]

Comment

I bought a Midland48 and a Stinger antenna (with magmount) yesterday at the Abingdon 4x4 festival. Cost me £109.50. I will be start playing with it soon. I will keep you all posted with my findings later.

Thanks everyone for your advises!

Cheers,
          Sripad
          [IMG]
          [/IMG]

Comment

Working...
          X