Speeding on 33's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding on 33's.

Just had my truck on the motorway for the first time since fitting the 33" tyres. So i guess the spedo is out now

Had the truck sitting just about 75mph but couldn't seem to get any more out of it,but was i really doing more due to the tyres??? Maybe 85? Whats the top speed of a 2.4 anyway?

Anyone know??

Cheers.

Oh.i've had 80 out it before when i picked it up but that was in standard form.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

had 90mph out of mine...

...but it's a 1st gen, so expect it's a little better in every department compared to the girly, hairdresser models that followed.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

If speed is the arbiter then my hairdressers car has clocked 96mph according to the Sat Nav (Speedo showed 100)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

If speed is the arbiter then my hairdressers car has clocked 96mph according to the Sat Nav (Speedo showed 100)

Yeah, but that's a 3L, *shudder*............ 3rd gen. Thought those Lego gen 3L's
        were supposed to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster than the 2.4's?

Comment

I drove my 2.4 the length of France at 80-85 the whole way.

Then the head went .

Top speed is rumoured to be 145kph (90mph) but that's according to the Aussies. We don't have roads long enough to build up that kind of speed.

A 3.0 is supposed to have a top speed of 94mph and 0-60 of 16.4 seconds.

V6 is 103mph and 15.3 seconds.

Comment

70mph is plenty in a Surf though!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              70mph is plenty in a Surf though!
              I've done 70 with the caravan on the back................ Soon lifted off when I realised tho!!!
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

HGVs are restricted to 90km/h (56 MPH).
                Follow one and you'll get an idea of how accurate your speedo now is.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Yeah, but that's a 3L, *shudder*............ 3rd gen. Thought those Lego gen 3L's
                  were supposed to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster than the 2.4's?

They are - I bottled out cos of heavy traffic .......... the 3rd gens pretty hard but it can't drive over a 44ton artic in the outside lane of the A303 !

Originally posted by paulh
                  I've done 70 with the caravan on the back................ Soon lifted off when I realised tho!!!

I was towing the van up a long hill loaded to the gils, overtaking a line of trucks in the middle lane - looked down and the speedo showed 85mph ...... not in this country though !

As far as I know mines bog standard but it fair motors when given the opportunity.

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

the way i checked mine before i got sat nav was to pull along side a modern renault, they have great big digital dash readouts. and compare speeds. if you shout and wave and match them speed for speed, you get to check it at all through the range!
                    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                    X