key sticking in ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key sticking in ignition

occasionally when i stop the key sticks inthe ignition and takes ages to get out-mostly following some fiddeling around by re-starting and playing with gear leever. i posted before and following some advice put some WD40 inthe ignition but now problem is reoccurring. Any more suggestions.
    As i understand it you can only take the key out in 'park'. could whatever tells the ignition that the vehicle is in park (a wire) be loose?

are you using a new cut key. because i had the same problem i had to rub the key down with glass paper and a wire wheel so it takes the newness off since i have done all this i have not had the problem since hope this helps...regards gra

Comment

Normally auto boxes have a cable between the the gear lever and the ignition. Not had to do anything to it myself but this was a common issue with the ignition on my old car (FTO) - I would take off the ignition surround and try finding the cable behind there and then try lubing that up. You may be able to squirt WD40 down the cable sheath.
      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Working...
      X