Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Back window

evening all.

my back window's stuck down. No warning, just won't go back up again. Relay's clicking but no movement. Is there a quick way of manually winding it back up so I can lock her up and go to the pub?

Cheers.

try here.http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ht=rear+window
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Give the tailgate an extra push to make sure its fully shut as the switch on lock may not make contact , had that on mine before . Or the wires in the loom has got a worn wire between tailgate and chassis , again mine did .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

window lock button??
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Have you knocked your window child lock thingie on your door panel, and locked it in the down posision?
          I like Orientals

Comment

Evening again.

No, no child locks or anything. All the windows were working merrily and I could hear the relay clicking. In the end, with a little telephone counselling (thanks Tony), I just cut the wires to the motor and hooked them up to the battery to make it go up again. Knackered the wires to the motor now though....

No idea why it wasn't working, it slid straight up no worries once I'd powered it. Probably a wire or a relay somewhere I suppose.

By the way Tony, I managed to reconnect that connector I could see under the glass. That appears to be the power for the in-tailgate smoke machine. I managed to get it disconnected (with the good old molten insulating tape all over my fingers) just about in time I think. No damage done I hope.

Comment

this is a quick fix to a stuck down window relay problem. Used before replacing relays on pcb. first,locate window relay module, then while turning the key in the tailgate to raise the window, tap the module with the back end of a screwdriver or some other blunt object. this will make the relay contact and window should raise. this worked for me until i could replace relays on pcb using maplin parts. hope this works for ya!

Comment

Working...
              X