does anybody know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody know

can i drive on a permissive byway with my truck or quad bike i have been out today any found one but i did not go on it in case i got my ears chewed off by some farmer saying GET OFF MY LAND!!!! so any help would be great
    cheers shaun
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

"Permissive Path
    It is possible for landowners to allow access over their land without dedicating a right of way. These accesses are called permissive paths. To the user they are often indistinguishable from normal highways, but there are some important differences.

A permissive path must have some sign or similar indication that it is not intended to be a right of way
    The landowner can close off or divert the path if they wish to do so, without any legal process being involved
    The landowner can make restrictions which would not normally apply to highways, for example to allow horse riding but not cycling, or the other way around.
    Permissive paths are commonly found on land owned by a body which allows public access, such as a local authority, a Railway Authority, or the National Trust.
    "

Taken from here....

http://www.naturenet.net/row/rowdefinitions.html

Comment

thanks for the quick answer i might give it a try and see if i get shouted at
      cheers shaun
      NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Working...
      X