No announcement yet.

v8 engine all done and dusted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mainly due to the fact that most people talk about it and you just went and did it!
    im sure this will spur on a few more to make the move...
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

well im certainly not the first to do it and hopefully i wont be the last.we have the first gen clan maybe there ought to be a v8 clan too.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

a chap i know keeps trying to sell me a rover 3.9 engine box and transfer... sorry dirtydog, but i aint never going to be doing that swap, much as i'd like to...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          a chap i know keeps trying to sell me a rover 3.9 engine box and transfer... sorry dirtydog, but i aint never going to be doing that swap, much as i'd like to...
          How much ? I have been told the 3.9 block is the best one to use .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            How much ? I have been told the 3.9 block is the best one to use .
            i'll find out..
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

omg....i want one...

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                this project cheers me up no end!
                it looks great mate , well done
                I could not agree more - this project is the reason I just GOT OFF MY FAT AR*E and did the timing belt myself!

How the hell could I pay someone £250 to do something I could (CAN) when Mark just gone and dropped a race prepared V8 into his truck.
                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Oddly enough Jackie keeps talking about getting a toy for playing in the mud and I'm sure there won't be any resistance to putting a V8 in ......

The only catch is that we'll have to wait until the kids leave home so that we've got space in the garage and the dosh to do the work - roll on 2014 !
                  Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                    I could not agree more - this project is the reason I just GOT OFF MY FAT AR*E and did the timing belt myself!

How the hell could I pay someone £250 to do something I could (CAN) when Mark just gone and dropped a race prepared V8 into his truck.
                    to be honest andrew,i spent a lot of time pondering wether to put the v8 in or do up the 2.4.the truck spent six months on the driveway doing nothing.when i finally decided to go the v8 route mainly because i had this engine sitting around in an old cortina.and mainly due to you guys spurring me on.so if it wasnt for you guys and this great site of ours it would never of got done,so thanks to everyone.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X