Alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloys

Hello. I wanted to change the drake pads, but could'nt get the wheels off. Iv'e not had alloys or a 4x4 before, I'm used to the wheels just falling off. Is there a knack, do you give them a whack, if so where and what with?
    When I'm ready to put them back on is there a torque figure?
    Please advise
    bye
    Barrington

Done mine last weekend wasnt to hard either. You have to take wheel off then the dome cap, undo the nuts on the hub cap then use x2 bolts to extract it off. Beyond all the grease there is x2 54mm nuts use chisel to bang them round they are not to tight and it will slide off.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington
      Hello. I wanted to change the drake pads, but could'nt get the wheels off. Iv'e not had alloys or a 4x4 before, I'm used to the wheels just falling off. Is there a knack, do you give them a whack, if so where and what with?
      When I'm ready to put them back on is there a torque figure?
      Please advise
      bye
      Barrington
      Sometimes the wheels tend to anneal themselves to the hub. I have found giving the tyre a good kicking all the way round works eventually. Make sure the trucks well supported and not just on the jack.
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins
        I have found giving the tyre a good kicking all the way round works eventually. Make sure the trucks well supported and not just on the jack.

Hello

As above - I've just had new tyres fitted and the garage had a real job getting the alloys off - a good kicking sums it up.

They reassembled the alloys with a dab of copper slip between the rims and the hubs to stop them sticking on.
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Donk_UK
          Done mine last weekend wasnt to hard either. You have to take wheel off then the dome cap, undo the nuts on the hub cap then use x2 bolts to extract it off. Beyond all the grease there is x2 54mm nuts use chisel to bang them round they are not to tight and it will slide off.
          He' only replacing his Brake Pads. Not the Disks
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            He' only replacing his Brake Pads. Not the Disks
            dam I thought he was replacing the Drake pads
            Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins
              dam I thought he was replacing the Drake pads