No announcement yet.

Milners Rads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think you're the first either. Tony mentioned something about their rads when I told him I had got my new one from them as well.

Mine's only been in a couple of months, wonder when I should start to get worried??!

I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

ive read a few people on here are not happy with them and tony has said before they are not upto much...
      as you say if you paying someone to change it it aint cheap!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jonah
        Don't think you're the first either. Tony mentioned something about their rads when I told him I had got my new one from them as well.

Mine's only been in a couple of months, wonder when I should start to get worried??!

in about 14 months time
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
          in about 14 months time
          You just reminded me, what happened with you and Roughtrax in the end? All sorted?

Is there a Barry equivalent at Milners that someone could point at this thread and tell them that they're getting caned?

Anyway, Tony, warranty or not, stuff that just falls to bits isn't fit for purpose. Take them to the small claims court, it's only about 35 quid and it's fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            You just reminded me, what happened with you and Roughtrax in the end? All sorted?

Is there a Barry equivalent at Milners that someone could point at this thread and tell them that they're getting caned?

Anyway, Tony, warranty or not, stuff that just falls to bits isn't fit for purpose. Take them to the small claims court, it's only about 35 quid and it's fun.
            yes they refunded me the full amount have bought some other stuff off roughtrax and i am happy to say was well happy with it
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

had another long phone call with Rose, after she rcieved my Email saying, have asked on here and many agree this Rad was never made correctly. they are still not interested but will now have the Rad back to send to the manufactures.

before I let it go I'm taking it to a rad company and get their view.

For now can I just say watch out for Rads from Milners because on their reckoning £60 covers 16 months so new rad for £140 is only good for about 40 months

And we all want to be changing Rads every 40 Months
              Last edited by Puppywalker; 13 September 2006, 17:40.
              www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tonytom
                had another long phone call with Rose, after she rcieved my Email saying, have asked on here and many agree this Rad was never made correctly. they are still not interested but will now have the Rad back to send to the manufactures.

For now can I just say watch out for Rads from Milners because on their reckoning £60 covers 16 months so new rad for £140 is only good for about 40 months

And we all want to be changing Rads every 49 Months
                Sounds like they're just passing the buck, Just sending it back to the manufacturer to keep you quiet. I think you may have to keep hounding them or get the manufacturers contact details and hound them, anyway good luck
                If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by tonytom

And we all want to be changing Rads every 49 Months
                  It may be worth speaking to Trading Standards and getting them to speak directly with Milners. I have done this in the past and on that occassion it worked a treat.
                  Brian

Comment

Poor customer service....

I can hear Milners profits dropping fairly steadily as we speak. Having heard the rather offish way that you've been dealt with I think I'll look other places to buy things in future and only use them as a last resort.
                    Ubi est mea anaticula cumminosa?

Comment

Just an update, had the rad inspected by local company, who don't do Surf rads, their report was that the joints had not been tinned and that the heat had been insuffient.

this I think proves that the rad was not fit for purpose, it is now back with Milners, I'll give them till Monday then start chasing.
                      www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

You never listen

I did put a post up about year ago when i had replacement radiator from Milners and within a month it was leaking. They did refund money immediately, but doesn't get away with the fact that you pay for what you get and in this case, there is a reason why there's is much cheaper than other makes. Also it was much thinner than original.
                        In the end had original fixed for £40.00 in Slough and until sold couple of weeks ago, was perfect. Call 01753 694223 can highly recommend him.
                        Philip
                        Still Searching,
                        Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                          I did put a post up about year ago when i had replacement radiator from Milners and within a month it was leaking. They did refund money immediately, but doesn't get away with the fact that you pay for what you get and in this case, there is a reason why there's is much cheaper than other makes. Also it was much thinner than original.
                          In the end had original fixed for £40.00 in Slough and until sold couple of weeks ago, was perfect. Call 01753 694223 can highly recommend him.
                          Philip
                          Thanks phillip, but mine was on by then and be warned they are not cheaper than else where, as you will see this one £30+vat cheaper and a better rad, lets hope they do the same and refund my dosh
                          www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

so whats the outcome?
                            have they sorted it?
                            i always judge a company on how good they are when things go wrong!
                            at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Working...
                            X