Slippery when wet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery when wet

Can anyone recommend a good all round tyre for road and a little bit of the other.I seem to be sliding around a lot in the wet

What are you running on at the moment.
    Objects in the rear view mirror are losing

Comment

Bridgestones a good tyre but they seemed to have perished a bit not even a year old!! dont think this is the problem they slipped around when they were new.

Comment

I'm running on Goodyear wrangler H/Ts As a road tyre there good and for very mild off roading I think they hold there own. There just lacking that extra bit, value for money big thumbs up. I think most people will steer you towards BFG a/t's and I would have to agree as I was running on these before I changed. Try sticking tyres in the search on the forum and plenty will turn up.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by high-surfer
          I'm running on Goodyear wrangler H/Ts As a road tyre there good and for very mild off roading I think they hold there own. There just lacking that extra bit, value for money big thumbs up. I think most people will steer you towards BFG a/t's and I would have to agree as I was running on these before I changed. Try sticking tyres in the search on the forum and plenty will turn up.

Ian
          Koi is Running BFG M/Ts on his and they are great off road and still nearly as good as my Road Tyres on the road (better in the wet). Plus they look the Mutts Nuts.

Cheers

Comment

Tyred

I was just wondering - and I hope I'm not considered to be hijacking the thread - just adding to the general debate........

In the US you can get tyres with the lettering on the side picked out in white. They look ace.

Can we get them over here?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robnw67
              I was just wondering - and I hope I'm not considered to be hijacking the thread - just adding to the general debate........

In the US you can get tyres with the lettering on the side picked out in white. They look ace.

Can we get them over here?

Rob
              Yep.

Most of the 4x4 tyres come in either white lettered or plain form. You can see this on sites like www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com

Cheers

Comment

Just a quick add on to that. Most 4x4 tyres come with both white and plain lettering. You just turn them round accordingly. You generally have to ask the tyre place specifically to put the white lettering on the outside. or they will assume you want the plain lettering showing. And as they say assumption is the mother of all f*** ups.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                X