Steering again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering again....

Had my recall carried out yesterday.Dealer had no cars available to run me to work, "could we use your's sir". Told it would be ready at 12.00, I even removed the sump guard to help speed the process So at 12.00 I phone up the dealer (already got a sick feeling in my gut...never like it when someone else touches my vehicles/bikes under any circumstances) "Ah we're running a bit behind be ready at 1.00".

One o'clock comes and goes, 1.30 I ring the dealer, "ah yes you see mate (nice touch that ...mate)theres loads of things seized up ."
    You must be joking I replied, that truck is like new underneath you are only changing the steering link! You only have four track rod tapers to break and the damper link.
    " Oh yes and we have to fuel it to."
    What, that truck was full to the brim when I left it with you, what are you doing?
    Well mate (there he goes again) it will be ready at 2.00pm right.
    2.00pm arrives and by now I'm due to be in a meeting. I phone anyway.
    "Be ready at 4.00pm sir, (different guy this time) we've had some difficulty with seperating a joint on the steering."
    I'll be there at 4.45pm I replied.
    So after cadging a lift I arrive at 4.45pm....no truck to be seen any where. So into service reception, where is my truck?
    We're washing it for you.
    Why it wasn't dirty.
    Well its Toyotas policy.
    You get a bottle of wine and as your truck is full of fuel we need to top you up later when you've used a bit of fuel.

I'm not sure if i should be pleased or totally $$$$ed off. I always expect the worst from main dealers and so far they always meet my expectations.

Hey ho. Least the steering is up to spec.....I hope!

i took my surf into benfield toyota leeds yesterday for the recall cant praise them enough took it in at 9.30 asked when i wanted it back 14.00 got there about 13.45 all done. they even took me through to show me the rod they had changed. they also do a saftey cheque. brakes tyres pipes etc all passed with flying colours.......... p.s no wine or fuel though

Comment

Took mine into West Riding Toyota Silsden, Gave me a little Aygo for the day. They washed it and hoovered it for me, that was nice i had just been on holiday and it really needed it. No wine or diesel. At least it is done.
      i like it muddy!

Comment

Working...
      X