Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        oi, churchill, do you cover surfs?

oooooooooooooooohh. er no... sorry
        no but he $$$$es in em lol
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
          knowledge comes with experiance . you done the right thing researching your chosen breed but dont belive all that you read . all dogs of the same breed are different . depending on the lines of wich they are bred from . it takes years of owning and working with all lines of a certain breed to truly understand them . 25 years of breeding showing and working dobermanns in the uk and europe and i still learn things about the breed every time . im not trying to put you down m8 but i hear all the time . my puupy comes from champion lines . i have champion dobermanns but when i have a litter they are not all champion puppys . such so i am off to slovakia in the new year to use another stud to strengthen some faults . breeders do annoy me when they use this as a selling point for puppies . not saying that darcy aint gonna be a champion lol . but reading and owning a big highly strung working dog are 2 different things . well thats my ramble over lol . as you can tell dogs are my passion . i suggest any questions you have or problems you ask your breeder and dont rely on the forums . just a bit of friendly advice . all the best hes great
          Cheers for that,

I know thats the case, don't worry about it. I use books and the forum for general advice, like house training, bedding, where to get cheap food etc. And generally for finding out about potential health problems etc. The breeder i got him from is really good, she is there day and night to answer any questions, one of the main reasons we went with her. If there are any major questions, she's the first port of call, especially over the vets, as they don't have much clue about this giant breed (you should hear some of the stuff they recommended feeding him!!!).
          I know buying him from Champion lines doesn't mean i'm buying a champion dog, we went out to buy a pet, perhaps to shop if he's got the right stuff. I mentioned buying from a main breeder cos i really didn't want to get one from a back yard breeder, due to health problems, and the fact that it really shouldn't be encouraged.
          The forums are quite good, though some do talk $$$$ and there alot of bitching on one in particular. Though one of them is great as 40% members are show breeders and Judges of Danes, so they do know there sh!t pretty well, needless to say this forum is very well hidden, and i've no idea why i got invited to it!!!

Well there's tonnes to learn and i'm learning every day, but it's great fun.

This week i've learnt that Tripe fooking stinks!!

Mart
          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Working...
          X