yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster Trucks Monster Trucks MONSTER...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Trucks Monster Trucks MONSTER...

Hi all, you know them mutant Surfs that show up every so often that have been mini monster trucked. Im sure they have more than a 4 inch lift, what kinda lift do you think they have on them? If I lifted my chasis by 2 inch and done the land cruiser lift at the back and raised the front on the torsion bar by 2 inch i think it is the max. Whats the biggest set of rubber i could stick on there? Am toying with making my beasty a mini monster for next summer. Need a little bit of advice.

Cheers in advance.

Originally posted by Donk_UK
    Hi all, you know them mutant Surfs that show up every so often that have been mini monster trucked. Im sure they have more than a 4 inch lift, what kinda lift do you think they have on them? If I lifted my chasis by 2 inch and done the land cruiser lift at the back and raised the front on the torsion bar by 2 inch i think it is the max. Whats the biggest set of rubber i could stick on there? Am toying with making my beasty a mini monster for next summer. Need a little bit of advice.

Cheers in advance.
    33x12.5x15
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
      33x12.5x15
      You'll need new, wider rims if the ones you have are standard surf size. Its not safe to put oversize tryes on the 7'' rims. The rim offset will also affect tyre rub you may (or may not) have.

You may also need to cut and grind out some of the mud flaps (oooo) - sometimes they just get removed.

This came up recently -

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25486

PM Smithsurf for info - pics of his truck are on the home page at the mo.

Research.........
      Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 6 September 2006, 09:53.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I have 1.5" body lift and 4" suspension lift and run33x12.50x15 on 10" rims. They just clear.
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

If I lifted my chasis by 2 inch and done the land cruiser lift at the back and raised the front on the torsion bar by 2 inch i think it is the max. Whats the biggest set of rubber i could stick on there?
          2" on the torsion bars really is a max. 1.5" is more achievable and even then you really need low profile bump stops and manual hubs to give your cv joints a rest. The 4" lift that Linda is talking about is a bit more involved than just adjusting the torsion bars. Have a good read through this page http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...tKit.shtml#FAQ and you should find some answers
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
            The 4" lift that Linda is talking about is a bit more involved than just adjusting the torsion bars.
            Errrmm actually not at the moment. It's still on HD tortion bars... BUT I do have manual hubs and it will be done properly when Big T gets time.
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
              Errrmm actually not at the moment. It's still on HD tortion bars... BUT I do have manual hubs and it will be done properly when Big T gets time.
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Am toying with making my beasty a mini monster for next summer. Need a little bit of advice.
                The cheapest/easiest route to a mini monster truck is via a combination of a 2" body lift (2" is about the most you can do without encountering major probs) and a 2" suspension lift (which is way cheaper than a full 4" suspension lift).

For clarity- a body lift involves putting plastic or metal spacer blocks between the body of the car and the ladder chassis frame. A suspension lift pushes the axles further away/down from the ladder chassis. Getting the axles away from the body enables you to fit those larger tyres.

If you have access to a lathe and some 60mm dia Delrin/Acetal plastic rod- then the cost of 2" body lift need only be the price of the plastic rod and some longer bolts.

The 2" suspension lift can be done a budget too. You might get away with just a pair of longer rear coil springs and cranking up the front torsion bars 1.5" or so.

Then can you splash out on a full set (i.e. 5 tyres) of 33" boots!

Comment

Cheers in advance.
                  hi donk.all i did was to fabricate my own 60mm spacers to do the body lift,then im going for the lc srings on the rear with 9000s all round.dont have to touch the front cos the v8 is lighter and ive gained an instant front lift.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X